Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-29-2011, 02:48 AM)kitty1 Wrote: I don't believe that Lisa's uncle is a liar. I believe the letter was written after Maytee tried to place the blame at Lisa's feet. She tried to take Johnny and his friends and/or associates out of the equation. She claims the uncle was void of any emotion at the police station. Maytee has her way of grieving and he is entitled to his own way as well. Maytee claims that there was a safe because she states that Lisa's ex (BD) broke into the safe and stole money. They may have had a safe but that doesn't mean they had one at the time of the murders. She implied that she was the one that informed the uncle of his niece's death. The uncle found out when watching the early edition of the local news. The uncle is the Fire Chief and well respected in his community. It is uncharacteristic for him to have acted inappropiately at the police station. I think Maytee is in denial (understandably) that her son's past history or any of his friends/associates could have been a facter on that dreadful night. I believe she is in denial, she is angry and she is in pain and experiencing guilt. These are three of the 5 steps of the grieving process. Grieving tends to be unpredictable like a roller coaster ride. She is a victim and she is defensive. She wants to protect her son's name. I think that lashing out, venting on Facebook and casting a negative light on others makes her feel better in some way. I believe her behavior is a manifestation of her guilt, pain and anger.

I've very glad you posted this. I've been waiting for a response to her allegations about the uncle, etc. from someone who knows the family.

I found the uncle very credible and his reserved manner very appropriate, but I don't know him.

And the fact that he was chosen by Lisa's mother and father to be their spokesman with the public tells me that the extent of their grief made it impossible for them to fulfill that public role. He deserves a lot of credit for taking on this sad responsibility IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM