Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered

I want to talk about the safe again because it's annoying me.

I was reading a old Blade article last night & then I read a interview done by a news channel here with Verbosky. He seems certain that the killers were looking for a safe. If a safe never exsisted why would he be so certain of that? This has never made sense to me.

OK in the article I read he says that the master bedroom was ransacked "looked like a movie" He says the drawers were pulled out (who keeps a safe in their dresser drawers?) Then he says the pictures were off of the walls (I can understand hiding a wall safe behind a picture) Then he says that the walk in closet had holes punched in it (makes NO sense, you aren't going to install a wall safe & cover it with drywall)

At 1st there was no motive, then the motive was determined to be robbery.... yet the only thing that was known to have been missing was $84. No jewelry, no electronics..... Are they basing the motive of robbery off the presumption that the killers were looking for this non-existent safe, that they didn't get because it didn't exist? I dunno that just makes no sense to me. Where did this idea of a safe even come from? From sources that said johnny was bragging about a safe? Well I'd love to know who those sources were & who those sources say he was bragging to..... obviously the sources would have been bragged to by Johnny (or could lead them to who said Johnny was bragging) which would make them suspect IMO IF it's true that Johnny was bragging.

Then I keep thinking about what Maytee said a week or so ago about her 1st exchange with Verbosky after the murders. She said something along the lines of : "He asked me if they got the safe & I said how should I know, I don't know what they had to account for what was missing" Maybe there was a safe & it was missing or its contents were gone. If so, why lie about it? Maybe the key that was found under Lisa was the key to the safe, they made her open the safe & took the contents? Again why lie about it? Maybe the diners were in the safe & they didn't take them or dropped some.....

Sorry so long & sorry to re-visit a old topic, I've just been thinking about this whole safe thing since I re-read those articles last night. Opinions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Freshbait78 - 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM