Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(04-01-2011, 12:07 PM)Teacher Wrote: FBait,

Regarding the holes punched in the walk-in closet, could that possibly have been caused by extreme anger and frustration? I can see a person so enraged that they just punched the walls with their fist(s). Years ago I witnessed that happening.

Regarding the ransacking, perhaps that was a set-up to make it look like a robbery gone bad when, in fact, the main objective was to murder Lisa and Johnny.

IMO, if there had been a safe, it was probably taken by the intruders. More than likely, a residence would not have a large, bulky safe. Of course, all of this is purely speculation - grasping at straws here.

Thank you Teacher & yes I agree that the holes in the walls being caused by anger make much more sense then being caused by looking for a safe. In fact, the only thing about the ransacking of the parents bedroom that would lead me to believe that a safe was being sought are the pictures being removed. It is possible that the pictures may have just been knocked off of the walls though if there were some type of struggle in there.

I also think it is possible that the ransacking could have been stagged.
My dad had a safe when he was living. It was about the size of a milk crate & pretty heavy. It wasn't a wall safe though. He kept in a cabinet on the floor. You needed a combination & key to get it open. It wasn't something you could just pick up & carry out by yourself either. That's all the knowledge I have on safes.

I guess I'm just bothered that this whole motive revolves around a safe that according to Verbosky wasn't there & these people supposedly went into the Straubs looking for a safe that didn't exist & when they didn't find it, took NOTHING of value for their troubles? I shouldn't say they took nothing of value because they did take 2 lives & those were beyond valuable but they weren't valuable to them obviously.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Freshbait78 - 04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM