Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(04-01-2011, 11:48 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote: … I read a interview done by a news channel here with Verbosky. He seems certain that the killers were looking for a safe. If a safe never exsisted why would he be so certain of that? This has never made sense to me.… he says the pictures were off of the walls (I can understand hiding a wall safe behind a picture) Then he says that the walk in closet had holes punched in it (makes NO sense, you aren't going to install a wall safe & cover it with drywall)

You are applying your sense of fine logic to the situation. Put yourself in the position of the perpetrators and assume their less-developed mentality - that they heard about a safe or assumed that everyone in a nice neighborhood like that has a safe, and now they are frustrated by being unable to find it. Why wouldn't they punch holes in the walls out of desperation to find it?

Quote:Then I keep thinking about what Maytee said a week or so ago about her 1st exchange with Verbosky after the murders. She said something along the lines of : "He asked me if they got the safe…"

We do not know whether that is an accurate description of what he said. He may have simply commented to her, as he did to the press, that the conditions found upstairs made it look like they were looking for a built-in safe, and that none existed. In addition, if I were in his shoes, I would have been thinking about the cruel irony that the break-in and murders may have been motivated solely by a belief in something which never existed.

Quote: …Maybe the key that was found under Lisa was the key to the safe, they made her open the safe & took the contents? Again why lie about it?…

I don't see any internal inconsistency in what he said to the press. He said it looked like they were looking for a non-existent safe. In addition, having a home safe which opens with a key would be highly unusual. They almost all have combination locks, not key locks. (Another source has indicated that the key was to a storage locker.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 04-01-2011, 03:40 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM