Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
A little off topic but TRUE STORY.....

We live in a nice middle-class suburban family neighborhood - swim team/gymboree for the kiddies at the clubhouse/tennis courts, etc - Definitely not the hood or even very close to one. My son was renting a house in a similar neighborhood down the street with 3 other college kids. One Sunday evening two summers ago they had some friends over for a cook out. One of the roommates had some kids no one else knew come by in a black SUV. The roommate went out to the street to talk to these kids - some kind of argument ensued and these kids SHOT at my son's roommate but only grazed his leg. Cops were called -they came, smelled pot at the house and tore the house apart. They found some diggie scales and weed in this same kid's bedroom. Arrested ALL the kids at the house and charged them with possession with intent to distribute.

My son told the cops who he thought shot at his roommate - not neccessarily to "snitch" but because he was scared to death- he'd probably never even been around a gun being fired before. It was some black "hood" type kids that live in some apartments across town. Apparently over some money owed. My son and the other roommates got off with misdeameanor possession because the one roommate fessed up the stuff was all his. He is still in jail - I think he got 6 years.

A couple of months ago (keep in mind this "snitching" was almost TWO years ago) my son was driving through a Kroger parking lot and someone SHOT his window out. Missed his head by inches. Scared the hell out of all of us. My son moved out of his house (a different one), sold his car and is basically hiding out because he is scared - he's convinced it was the dealer guys. Even though they never even got arrested.

My son is no angel, but he's no gangsta thug either - he made good grades, excelled in sports, works/college, etc etc - All his friends have those beer pong parties and most of them smoke pot but they are clean cut all-american type kids. I'm not a perfect parent but I've never been arrested, haven't smoked pot or done any drugs since I was in college - I certainly love and nurture my kids and have tried my level best to teach them right from wrong and keep these kinds of influences out of their lives. That's why I have compassion for Maytee - I guess she could have locked him in the house but aside from that you don't have much control over what young adults do.

My point is that this crap happens all over and these kids don't even realize the chances they are really taking. There is no telling when Johnny did or said the wrong thing to someone - obviously some people hold grudges for a long time.

Anyways, that is my personal reasoning for why I think drugs/snitching is the most likely scenario over these "love triangle/jealous mother" theories. And also why I understand Maytee's immediate panic - because it sure as hell scares me anytime my son calls me later than my normal bedtime.

I hope I am not coming across as blase about all this - I was mad, guilty, worried, and scared to death for my son when all this happened and I still am. I never thought in a million years it could happen to MY family. But it can.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Nina - 04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM