Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

Based upon that, if a patriot had seen fit to kill a perceived traitor, those who believe in incitement would have hanged Thomas Jefferson.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Of course, I'm not comparing Maytee to Thomas Jefferson or killing some hoodrats to killing politicians, but freedom of speech and ideas applies to the most absurd, revolting and ridiculous, not just the lofty. Maytee ranting on Facebook or a preacher burning a book are not crimes. And, Adub, Manson was convicted of murder and conspiracy to commit murder. He also tied up the La Biancas. As far as we know, Maytee has not conspired with anyone to kill anyone. That she wishes dead the people she thinks are connected to her son's murder is probably not that unusual. She just actually says it. Oh, and that preacher, LC, I don't think he wished any UN workers killed. He expressed contempt for Islam which, last I checked, is his right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by shitstorm - 04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM