Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
FWIW, a brief update on my suppositions about the case.

I suspect that the Lucas County Sheriff's Office is completely stymied on the case. Nothing serious may happen until the case gets old enough and cold enough for L.C. Prosecutor Julia Bates' crack Cold Case Squad to get into it. That could be several years from now.

I am inclined to think that the gruesome murders were preceded by some sort of defiant confrontation with bigger, more established drug dealers covering the Lucas County area; that Johnny and Lisa may have been arrogant in disregarding their warnings, thinking they could "out-gansta" real gangsters; and that the night in question was one in which the young pair had set up shop to sell drugs after ignoring these warnings and threats; and that the final straw was when J & L appeared to refuse to reveal to the perps where the legendary but non-existent safe full of cash and/or drugs was. And I think the hole-punching and picture moving was in fact a desperate, frustrated attempt by adult perpetrators to find a safe they believe existed.

If AG played a role in "scouting" the Straub home and/or TW played a role in delaying reporting to Johnny's Mom, I do not think that either one contemplated that the event would turn into a gruesome case of torture and murder, even though they would be criminally liable for that result as accessories. But I am not convinced they are involved at all.

Johnny's mother may have known of JC and LS's drug sales and plans for that night and may even have assisted in obtaining the supply through her knowledge and connections; if so, I surmise that she was uncomfortable with the location of the "shop" that night and would have preferred a different location more familiar to her; not at the Straub home. Obviously though she had no knowledge of the horror with which the night would end; and she may be haunted with more "what ifs" than the average parent suffering such a loss because of that possible involvement. And the state of her emotional health accounts for the extent to which her current behavior goes beyond normal painful grieving.

All of this is supposition and may be entirely untrue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 04-19-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM