Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
video at link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=8136690

ABC 13 local
One of the lead detectives in the investigation of a double murder in Springfield Township is calling its quits. She's retiring at the end of the month

The high profile murders made national news after the bodies of Lisa Straub and her boyfriend Johnny Clark were found in a house on Longacre Lane.

After nearly 31 years on the job, Lucas County Sheriff Detective Cathy Stooksbury is trading her badge in for a laid back lifestyle. Stooksbury is retiring. She is also one of the lead detectives on the high profile Springfield double homicide case.

"A double homicide of a very young couple. I've had hundreds of child abuse cases. Some of them have been very hard, but this one was just horrific in what I saw that day," she says.

Stooksbury has had a good career as a detective. She's the only female detective in the bureau. She's worked thousands of cases, held families hands, hugged them and has solved numerous crimes.

She says every case takes a little chunk out of a detective, but the one that will leave the biggest mark is the killing of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke.

"They have lots of friends, and there are people out there right now, I think, who know what happened," she says. "They're afraid to come forward, or they're living under this idea in their head that 'I just can't tell. I just can't tell.' Well, this is a double homicide, step forward. We need your help."

On January 31, the couple was murdered inside Lisa Straub's parents' home on Longacre Lane. They were found dead with bags over their heads.

Stooksbury says, given all the emotion involved in the case, it's hard to retire while it's still unsolved. "To be the lead, you try and make sure everything is covered, but everybody else knows what they are doing. They are all very good at what they do," she says.

The sheriff's office has a task force working the case everyday. Stooksbury says, "It's just going to take that one tip to break this over the edge, and, to the families, I say our people will solve this for you. Just give them some time. Again, we are dealing with people that don't want to tell us stuff, and that makes it hard."

Stooksbury doesn't want to leave the case behind, but she knows the friends and investigators she's worked with over the years will leave no stone unturned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Lady Cop - 05-17-2011, 09:30 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM