Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?sectio...id=8281546

SPRINGFIELD TWP., Ohio (WTVG) -- Back in January, 20-year-old Lisa Straub and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Johnny Clark, were both found murdered inside Straub's family home on Longacre Lane. The two had been tied up with bags over their heads. Sunday night, Johnny Clark's family held a prayer vigil.

Johnny Clark's family and friends say they don't want this case to get pushed under the rug. They beg for justice.

Mike Dominque has been friends with Johnny since grade school. They were watching football together on the night Clarke was murdered. Mike Dominque, Clark's best friend, says, "He said he was going to pick up Lisa and go home. I told him, 'I'll see you later, I'll talk to you tomorrow.'"

But that night, Johnny Clarke and his girlfriend were found duct-taped with bags over their heads and dead in Straub's parent's home. Dominque says he didn't think that would be the last time he'd see his best friend.

Clarke's mother still comes to his gravesite everyday. Now more than ever, she wants justice to be served. That's why she held a prayer vigil for Clarke and Straub. "It's six months since they were taken from us by such evil, and I want justice to prevail for these kids. I know I can't bring them back and that hurts more than anything."

Those close to the young couple are begging for someone to come forward with the truth. "Please, what if was your own child? What if it was your own family member? What would you do? You would want justice too," says Clarke's mother.

John Albin, Clarke's coach, says, "I'm here today because I want to see justice served. Somebody has to be arrested sooner or later. We just keep drawing attention to it so it don't get pushed under the rug and forgotten about."

John Albin coached Johnny in baseball for years and says Johnny was like a son to him. When he heard about Johnny's death, he couldn't believe it. Albin says tonight's vigil is all about closure. "I'm here because I want to see closure on this so I can get through this and my family can get through this. And obviously his family."

No one has been arrested or charged in connection with the murders, and Lucas County Sheriff's detectives haven't released any new information
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by DickTracy - 07-31-2011, 11:05 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM