Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
An East Toledo man was arrested Thursday night in the Jan. 31 slaying of a young Springfield Township couple who were found with their wrists bound by duct tape and plastic bags covering their heads.

Samuel Todd Williams, 24, was arrested by detectives at the Lucas County Sheriff’s Office where he was being questioned. He was charged with two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated burglary, and one count of domestic violence. His last known address was 1626 Kelsey Ave.

The murder and aggravated burglary charges were filed in Sylvania Municipal Court, and the domestic violence charge was filed in Toledo Municipal Court.

Johnny Clarke, 21, and Lisa Straub, 20, were found dead in Ms. Straub’s parents’ Longacre Lane home.

Investigators have said they believe the pair were killed in an apparent robbery attempt that occurred while Miss Straub’s parents were on a Caribbean cruise.

The sheriff’s office said at the time that the crime was not a random act of violence and that Miss Straub and Clarke were targeted.

Maytee Vasquez-Clarke, Johnny Clarke’s mother, said she went numb when detectives called her with news of the arrest.

“I’m in shock. I’m numb. My heart’s beating 140 beats per minute,” she said.

Mrs. Clarke said she was in a store purchasing white candles to light for Johnny — a custom she said she performs every day — when Detective Jeff Kozak called her. Her first reaction was to scream in joy.

Mrs. Clarke said her nephew had to hold her up because she nearly passed out.

“Oh my God,” she said. “It’s bittersweet. It won’t bring my son back. But I’ve prayed to God day and night to make an arrest and bring this evil demon off the street.”

Mrs. Clarke said she looked at the jail booking photo of Mr. Williams and compared it with photographs of the suspect that were taken by a friend of the slain couple.

“He was in the picture on Facebook. I’m on the Internet looking at his picture right now,” she said.

“I hope he rots in eternal death in the pits of Hell for eternity. I hate him. He is the worst face of the evil demon I’ve ever looked at in my life. He’s the picture of pure evil,” she said, examining the booking photograph. “I hate him. I hate him for taking my beautiful son and Lisa from us,” Mrs. Clarke said.

READ MORE
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...icide.html
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by DickTracy - 09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM