Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(09-26-2011, 06:44 PM)lawheeze Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 06:26 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Possibly a finger print match wasn't used but DNA was and it was collected from the suspect after his arrest. Could be no usable prints were lifted from the duct tape (or at least not enough reference points) but usable DNA was left at the crime scene. Also the possibility of just one perpetrator is remote but Roid Rage can be extremely strong and unpredictable. Could make one of the deaths a murder 2.
Can they do a DNA match that quickly? I understand they've had months to test the DNA from the crime scene, but it seems like when he was arrested, he was pretty quickly charged with the murders.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/AGP.Net/Compone...ntID=45243

15. Why can it take so long to analyze the DNA sample? Why are some
cases a higher priority than others? How do I explain to a victim that
her case is a lower priority than someone else’s?
Testing delays are understandably very frustrating for victims. Though explaining
lab priorities may not alleviate a victim’s frustration and anger, a victim deserves to
know why it is taking so long to test evidence in the case. From a purely practical
perspective, crime labs often operate in a triage fashion because there is continually
a large amount of evidence waiting to be analyzed and limited lab personnel to
perform the tests. Cases that are going to court receive priority for testing because
the results are time sensitive, and a case may be dismissed if the evidence is not ready.
Cases in which the DNA test is needed to include or exclude a known individual as
a suspect in a crime are generally handled next. Cases in which there is no suspect
generally receive the lowest priority.

I think a DNA profile can be developed within an hour upon delivery to the lab of a submitted sample (if its priority means that it is tested immediately). I would think the results are digitized and able to be fed into a computer within that hour for comparison against crimes in a national data base.

Please comment on this assumption Lady Cop

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by ZEROSPHERES - 09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM