Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
this is an email i got through Mock. i wish the person would figure out how to join, it's easy. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Sorry, I am technically challenged. Tried signing up and guess I messed something up. Quick question if you don't mind. Will Maytee's push for the death penalty actually have any bearing on the alleged getting the death penalty? My reason and question is...if she can successfully convince them to do the death penalty, this may remove his chance to offer something to plea bargain with...say like Maytee's involvement with the crime if this happened to be the case.....

The member is guest.

i'm replying since it's a good general question.

the only point at which maytee's wishes would be made known would be during victim impact statements at time of possible conviction. the court may or may not take her wishes into consideration.
also, the decision to seek death is entirely up to State Attny. and they may or may not take maytee's wishes into considersation. they have to seek death (or not) based on what the elements are for DP in Ohio. this looks like felony first-degree so far. murders in commission of a felony.

of course there will be an attempt to plea bargain. that's normal and expected. this defendant may well know and can admit to whoever else may be complicit. even peripherally. conspirators in a robbery for example.

in this case i suspect there will be lots of "connected" parties.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by Lady Cop - 09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM