Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(10-12-2011, 04:50 PM)sharit Wrote: lisas parents know what johnny had and did not have. may be why the straubs are waiting for the important part of court to start before they have to come face to face with her. jmo

To me, LC was being blatantly sarcastic with her inventory of goods!

IF the Straubs resided in an HOA (Homeowner's Association) community, then there is a strong posibility that, in fact, a "claim" was paid by the HOA's insurance carrier.

I have clients who are HOAs. I've seen this type of behavior before.

Think of it as a new twist on the old "Slip and Fall" chestnut.

Make a fews 'threats' about a lawsuit, blather about pain and suffering, lost future income, potential offspring . . . etc.

Then throw in bad publicity, downward real estate prices and the cost of a trial and (in many cases) the insurance carrier tosses a few bucks in their direction, has them sign a non-disclosure statement and it's bidnez as usual.

It's pretty straight forward and most folks, who want to make a quick buck, usually grab this brass ring. It's really just a "shakedown" dressed-up in alleged pain and suffering.

If it is true that this really happened, it's quite surprising and a bit disconcerting to me. I have no reason to doubt it didn't happen.

But then, if I truly believed that an injustice was done, I'd fight it in the open and file a lawsuit. There's always a settlement hearing before a trial.

However . . . one should be represented by counsel.

Maybe that's the rub. No attorney was willing to take the case based on the facts. Or they jumped at the first pieces of silver tossed their way.

Sad. Very sad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by BlueTiki - 10-12-2011, 06:01 PM