Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(10-15-2011, 12:21 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Wahl, 41, entered an Alford plea Sept. 23 to two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

As part of the agreement, initial charges of aggravated murder were reduced to the manslaughter charges.

Prosecutor Julia Bates said her office agonizes over every plea offered but must weigh the strength of the evidence against the possibility that a jury would return a not-guilty verdict. She said by entering into a plea agreement, the state can ensure some time behind bars and prevent the possibility of a not-guilty verdict or an appeal.

"We can shake the tree and see what evidence falls, but sometimes, it's not a lot, and in those cases, we're better taking the plea than getting nothing," she said. "We agonize every time something like this happens, but we try to balance getting an appropriate sentence with giving the family peace of mind and protecting the community."

Assistant prosecutors said the plea was the result of potential problems with evidence in the case.

Nightowl, I check everything several times a day!!! The Blade, four local tv channels, Lucas county booking, FB, and MOCK. That's the effect this case has had on me. I copied this in answer to your question about WTOL. This is a small excerpt from the Blade. Thought that it might be some good info.

I knew Jennifer personally since about 7 yrs old. I was beside myself also about it. I wouldnt be suprised if there are more women. That sort of life style doesnt leave alot of evidence behind. Its so hush hush. More often then not the families of victims like these 2 have long written them off or considered them lost causes. Jennifer being an exception. Sad!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by BellaMia - 10-27-2011, 12:26 AM