Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
I attended the memorial that Lisa'a family held tonight. Far from a "Drunkfest" it was a chance for everyone to celebrate the life, albeit way too short, of a beautiful, vibrant girl who was taken from us. It saddens me to think that someone would criticize the way family and friends who have been through such a tragedy decide to acknowledge the anniversary of thr terrible event.

I've known the Straub's for my entire adult life. They are good people. They are also very private. They are not prone to press conferences and public displays. They are hurting terribly, as are their family and friends, and they chose to spend tonight with those family and friends to celebrate what Lisa had brought to all of us as a way of moving forward, rather than dwelling on that horrific night.

At some point, it's healthy in the healing process to look forward, rather than backward, and remember the good times rather than the bad. To remember and cherish the good memories as a way of trying to erase the images in your mind of how a young life was taken.

Combined, Jeff and Mary Beth Straub have huge families and an even greater number of friends. Lisa and Lindsay also have many, many friends. A public establishment was a practical way to allow all those who wanted to be with and comfort them tonight to be together to celebrate Lisa'a all-to-short life. It was unfortunate that the media was informed and interrupted what was to be a private gathering, but so be it.

Yes, we had a few drinks. Some toasts in Lisa's honor. We're of legal age. We also shed tears, reminisced and hopefully moved a step closer to peace.

In closing, may I remind anyone following this thread that the Straub family has never done anything but conduct themselves with quiet dignity since this tragedy occurred, and wants only one thing...justice for their beloved daughter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Mustang - 02-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM