Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
this is from 13ABC, thanks for links Dirt Lady! Blowing-kisses

i'm waiting for WTOL to post also.

be sure to see the video report in her link as well.

It's been a long, tough road for the families of 20-year-old Lisa Straub and her boyfriend 21-year-old Johnny Clarke. One year ago on January 31st, the couple was found brutally murdered, hands duct taped and bags over their heads. Johnny's mother said she "relives that day every single day."

On the anniversary, dozens of Clarke's family and friends gather to remember him at a candle light vigil. Standing around his grave site, they shared many tears and prayers. "He was the most kind, beautiful, loving, giving person there was," Johnny's mother said. "Most of all I will miss his beautiful smile." Maytee Vasquez-Clarke fights back tears when thinking about her son. "I'm in a blur," she said. This is like a nightmare and I beg God everyday that I would wake up from this."

If there is anyone who understands her struggle, its the Straub family. They too lost someone that night, and also came together to remember.

"Instead of everyone grieving in silence by themselves, we wanted a place to go where everyone could come and remember Lisa, as opposed to grieving her," Straub family friend Mike Levy said.

Pictures of Lisa filled the room at Quimby's at the Park, as those who knew her, talked about the good times. Levy remembers, "she was a very fun person to hang out with, to say the least."

He also said the get together was a time to honor the person Lisa was, instead of remembering how she died. These families know life will never be the same, but say it's the many fond memories that continues to help them get by.

Several months after their deaths investigators made arrests in the case. Cameo Pettaway and Samuel Todd Williams are both charged with two counts each of murder. Another person, Destiny Madrid was also arrested. She's facing felony charges of obstructing justice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Lady Cop - 02-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM