Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Thank you Night Owl.

I don't know who "Kitty1" is but if she is family I likely know her. And I understand the media showing up, and they were very respectful, etc. It's just that, for Jeff and Mary Beth's sake, I wish they hadn't because they are private people who aren't comfortable with their personal grief playing out on T.V.

As for the bar/restaurant location...I'm Irish! I'm used to wakes, so it seems natural to me. But don't get me wrong. There was much more to that day for the family than the final get-together with friends and family that night.

I didn't pry, but I'm sure the family visited Lisa'a grave site and said their prayers in private, and I'm also sure they see those as private moments with their daughter, rather than an opportunity to fulfill some strange need to prove how devastated they have been.

And again, there were so many people in attendance, I honestly don't know where they could have come together other than a public place.

Finally, it's my understanding the gathering was arranged by the friends of Lisa and Lindsay, and to the younger generation, gathering in familiar surroundings (as opposed to a memorial mass, for instance) and doing what Lisa likely would have wanted to do were she still with us, is completely normal. I think things got a little confused when they invited all us old folks and it was portrayed that we are all a bunch of drunks for choosing to remember the anniversary in such a way.

We were honored to have been included in the young folks celebration of Lisa's life, and I'm pretty sure the family and friends of any deceased young person would, if invited, attend a similar gathering hosted by their loved one's young friends. It's rather comforting to see how Lisa's friends continue to remember her and want to keep her memory alive.

Great to hear from you Night Owl, and thanks for replying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Mustang - 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM