Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(04-18-2012, 10:08 AM)Mustang Wrote: NightOwl, I really don't have an opinion on what happened that night. I'm anxious to hear at trial what the investigation determined happened. Like everyone else, I believe the non-existent safe was a driving factor in the crime, but it wasn't just a burglary. The cruelty of the murders and the other factors indicate that it was personal. Whoever did this, or had it done, wanted cash (and lots of it) from Johnny.

I'm also as bothered as everyone else by Maytee's bizarre behavior, beginning on the night of the murders. I can't help but think that her actions and rantings are so over-the-top because, if not in some way responsible for what happened, she at least feels responsible. In my gut I believe she has good reason to feel that way and hope those details come to light. If for no other reason, just to get her to shut the fuck up.

In the meantime, we all continue to grieve for Lisa and pray for Jeff and Mary Beth as they face the difficulty of the trials and the gruesome details, crime scene photos, etc. that they will have to endure. A while back Jeff told me how awful he feels for Johnny's father having found the bodies and having to live with that memory. From that perspective, while it certainly won't be easy, Johnny's parents already know what to expect at trial, but for the Straub's it may be much more difficult to have to see these images for the first time. Knowing them as I do, I know they will remain strong and dignified in public, but the pain they will quietly endure is impossible for me to fathom.

Mustang, Magnificent post! You have a grand way of expressing your feelings and thoughts on everything. Are you going to the Trial? You'd make a great Mock reporter! If you're quite busy we understand but, even if you go for one day or two a detailed note for those that cannot attend the Trial would be greatly appreciated! Cheers
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by NightOwl - 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM