Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Ok---so I was at opening statements today---sooo much to report.

Sounds like only family and Media will get get in next week when evidence begins. But I will try! They are not going to let people linger in hall outside of courtroom and there will be no over flow room.

Jury looks intelligent (IMO)--most dressed nicely--paid attention. Mostly women. I was impressed. Judge Bates will let them take notes next week.
(something he usually doesn't do)

Lisa's parents quietly sat and listened--Other members of Lisa's family were there but not allowed in courtroom until after they testify as they are witnesses.

Johnny's family--most have been banned--someone in their row cried through the whole thing (older woman--gray hair)

Pettaway's family was quiet--don't know who any of them are.

Apparently yesterday there was a verbal outburst between Clark's family and Pettaway's hence more people being banned. And apparently this a.m. there was a problem on first floor with Clark's family which I missed. Judge Bates said he will not put up with any outbursts between families(in fact those were almost the very first words out of his mouth before opening statements began)

Pettaway had on dark suit with light green shirt and a tie(same suit as yesterday) IMO he had a slight punk swagger when he left the courtroom. Sat quietly and without expression the whole time.

As for the statements:
Prosecution: Bed, Bath, Beyond bags likely came from Straub's garage. Black duct tape DID NOT come from Staub's home.
Lisa's bedroom door had been locked and was kicked open breaking the lock.
Cigarette butt found at crime scene had BOTH CP's and SW's DNA on it.
When SW arrested the FIRST person he called from jail was Pettaway!
Duct tape on Johnny's neck had unknown MALE DNA on it and duct tape on his ankles had unknown FEMALE DNA on it.

Defense: Says Johnny was on bad terms with a lot people: owing people money for drugs. Also brought up the "bad car deal" and also mentioned Lisa's ex-boyfriend's name.
Mentioned how Maytee said it was drug related and that she said Aaron Griffin(AP) and Tiffany Williams killed them.
Brought up a lot of names form the very beginning. The names went on and on.
Major faux pas: showed photo of Johnny's body with wallet laid on his stomach saying that in the drug world that meant Johnny owed money.
Said investigators (of course) "manipulated" evidence at the crime scene. (he was reprimanded by Judge Bates for showing evidence today---not allowed during opening statements)
Said Pettaway had nothing to do with this murder.

Judge Bates is hoping that all evidence is presented by the end of next week so deliberations can start by the end of the court day on Friday. He also said that the court is going to coordinate CP's and SW's trials to finish around same time.

Can't remember who said this but that Lisa was the first die and both were held down while they struggled (will be shown in autopsy photos)

Wow--sorry this so long!! I am not very good at this so I hope it makes sense. I'm sure I forgot a lot --- maybe if you fellow mockers ask questions it will jar my memory. Please forgive any spelling/punctuation errors!!

I need a drink after all of this!! Looking forward to your comments!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by justme - 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM