Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Wow, it's great that Channel 13 posted those links, especially with the limited access to seats in court. Wonder if MVC is watching.
My thoughts/questions after watching Day 1 for Pettaway -
So prosecution says Johnny moved in with Straubs 2 weeks before Christmas --I wonder how many MVC lies are going to be revealed. I seem to remember MVC trying to make it sound like Johnny was only there to house-sit while Straubs were gone. Why lie about that?
Prosecutor seems to be making a point to portray Lisa more positively --saying she had a job, she had a car that Johnny was using, she took classes - but not too negative about Johnny either at least at this point -- says he was less "settled".
Zac & Tiffany were at the Straub house for the party earlier that week---makes it hard to use any DNA evidence against them that may have been found in the house.
No surprise that motivation for getting together with Zac & Tiff is to buy illegal drugs - says Zac and (pregnant) Tiff use percs too.
Also find it interesting that Sharita doesn't want to give Ruben's # to Tiffany (can't blame her). Can't wait til Tiffany takes the stand!
Why did Big John tell Tiff & Zac to come & get him and take him back to house? Why not drive there himself? Wouldn't that have been faster? Did Tiff know where Big John & MVC live? Had she been there before?
Horrible hearing description of Big John finding them on the floor. The description of the scene is so brutal...can't stand to think of what Johnny & Lisa went through.
Big John plays a big role in this --- somewhat tampered with scene because he found them & only sign of forced entry - front door kicked in by Big John.
Thought it was interesting that he said the Straubs didn't have black duct tape, that it was brought to the scene. Wonder if he has some proof/witness that puts the black duct tape in the hands of CP/SW leading up to this.
Don't entirely understand his statement that end of roll of duct tape on Lisa means she died last. Got to be better evidence of who died first than that, I'd think.
Admitted focused investigation on TW, ZB, and the Clarkes first.
Wondered why didn't mention the niece/cousin at the scene that night with Big John.
Still wondering, did SW/CP know Johnny/Lisa? Who was the link? Cousino through AP & TW?
I know he's retarded, but why deny ever sharing a cigarette with SW? Cannot wait to hear that phone call from Sam to Cam, I mean Sosa & Rambo.
Interesting that prosecutor is vague about other evidence -- hope he's right that they have lots of it and just being strategic.
Admitting that they know others are involved and the unknown male & female DNA seem hugely problematic for a conviction here at this point.
When the camera zooms in on Pettaway, it seems that he's very conscious of it...glancing over out of corner of his eye. (Think I see Kenyatta behind his defense team).
For the Defense's turn - thought it was interesting that the date they began with was early morning 131 (not 130 like Prosecutor) ..significance of that?
He wasted no time calling Johnny a drug dealer and perc addict.
Shocker that AP named as main supplier.
Interesting that Defense focused on not finding Cam's DNA anywhere except "portable" cig.
Also interesting that although saying SW took cig to house at some point, they're not trying to pin murders on Sam.
Named a ton of potential suspects of course including TW, AP, AC....& just barely stopped short of calling MVC & Big John suspects.
Didn't think the manipulated/corrupt crime scene argument was very strong -- using the argument on one hand that the lack of finding other DNA of Cam means he didn't do it doesn't mean much if you're also arguing that the crime scene handling was sloppy/botched.
Case seems thin/difficult at this point - especially with all the possible sordid suspects and MVC's incessant mouth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by YourOtherLeft - 07-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM