Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
if the juries do find that there is significant reasonable doubt and rule not guilty, then is it likely that they would be tried again for a different crime in relation to the murders? such as being accomplices to "the unknown 2" or something of the like? just curious...

also, i agree with whoever stated before that the prosecutor in the pettaway case appears to have some tricks up his sleeve. he seemed to be pretty confident in the circumstantial evidence, most notably phone records. i got the impression that there was something strategic going on when he mentioned those.

i was glad that it was finally stated that there was thc or marijuana residue on the scales that they found. i don't know if this fact was definitively stated on here previously, but i always found it silly when fellow mockers indicated that perhaps the scales were used for cooking. seriously?

on a complete side note: it has been driving me crazy since this went down the way that many mockers use the word "opinion". I know this is very petty, but i always thought that the word was being used interchangeably with the word "theory". for example, "i think this is how the crime went down (insert story). but that is just my opinion, not fact." i always thught it should be "but that is just my theory". perhaps i am wrong, though after looking it up:

o·pin·ion   /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled[uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

anywho, sorry for that waste of space, just wanted to throw that out.

lastly, thanks so much to our in court reporters. i don't think it can be emphasized enough how much it is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by pfifltrigg - 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM