Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
If I had to guess (boy, it seems like a lot of my posts start this way) I'd say there are probably 2 factors that make the Straub's stay in their home; They didn't ever see the bodies or the aftermath of the crime scene. By the time they were able to get back home, family members had taken care of cleaning, etc. So they don't have the images from the home seared into their minds the way, for example, John Sr. does, and; I think there may be an emotional attachment (as mentioned by another Mocker) that may make them feel that they somehow would lose touch with Lisa's memory, or spirit or whatever if they moved. That maybe it's a way a feeling as though they're still connected to her, whereas moving to a strange place that never included Lisa would be leaving her behind, in a way. I think these 2 theories, together, make them both willing and able to stay.

As for the jealous ex boyfriend: Interesting theory, but I don't know that I've ever known anyone that knew a person who was crazy jealous (over someone else, not themselves, and therefore detached and not emotionally connected to the relationship) that thought the person was acting rationally. We know there were several people involved in this crime and it seems quite a stretch for me to believe that someone who was acting out of jealous rage would be able to recruit anyone to help. Even for the most shady of characters, there just isn't any reward for the risk of lethal injection. And before someone suggests the ex may have hired a hit, I don't find that plausible either. That may seem logical in a case where the jealous one has the money, coupled with a position in life where they have much to lose (children, a home and career, etc.), to decide to hire someone to extract their revenge, but this particular ex is a young punk with a long record and a hot temper. I'll guarantee you he, "don need no nigga take care o my biznit wit dat bitch. I fuck her up AND dat udder mofo all by mysef." It wasn't the ex.

And thanks for all the positive comments on the Williams opening statement post. I had big shoes to fill after reading Justme's post on Pettaway's trial, so I knew I had to bring my A game or risk going from Mocker to mocked! I'll attend as much of both trials as I can and post as much info as I can (including some of my irrelevant observations) for the benefit of those of you unable to be there.

Sorry for another long post. I need to learn to be more concise. At least I come by my verbosity naturally, right Older Than Dirt? (note to Older Than Dirt: look up "verbosity" in the dictionary and you'll agree with me.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Mustang - 07-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM