Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-23-2012, 11:23 PM)Mustang Wrote: Tiffany Williams was called. What a piece of work she is! She testified that she, along with Johnny, Lisa and Zach Burkett (with whom she lived at his grandmothers house) were all addicted to Percocet. Johnny, Lisa and Zach preferred to crush and snort the drug, while she swallowed the pills. She recounted the phone conversation with Johnny that was abruptly halted by Johnny telling her he'd call her back (which, of course he never did) and walked through her version of what she and Zach did the day of Jan. 30 and early morning of Jan. 31. She said she tried calling Johnny back at least 30 times, as well as 20 or so attempts to reach Lisa. Her calls rang and rang at first, but then went straight to voicemail, as though the phones were turned off. She convinced Zach (who she described as just a friend; Aaron A.P. Griffin was her boyfriend and babydaddy) to drive to the Straub house to check on them. She got no response at the door, even though lights were on throughout the house, upstairs and downstairs, and didn't even hear their dog. She called Sharrita for the number of her boyfriend, Reuben (Johnny's besgt friend) and she refused to give it to her. Tiffany decided to drive back toward Maytees house to see if Johnny and Lisa had gone there, and also drove by another friend's house, Victor, to see if they were there. They were not. Zach was able to recall that he had Reuben's number in an old phone at his home and called his mother to retrieve it for him He called Reuben, who then called Maytee. Shortly thereafter Tiffany got a call from Johnny's dad. She said she was going back to the Straub's and he was welcome to go along. They picked up John Sr. (the 2nd?) and headed to Springfield Twp. Upon turning onto the Straub's street they could see police cars at the Straub's. John Sr. informed told her to turn around because he had a warrant, but she said she later figured it really because he had a gun. During cross examination, the defense attorney asked if she meant that Sr. was a convicted felon and that possessing a gun was a felony? The prosecution objected, and was sustained, but the toothpaste was already out of the tube at that point and the jury can't "un-hear" it. Tiffany further testified that she was 4 mos. pregnant and still doing up to 4 Percocet a day at the time. The defense asked if she was aware that Johnny was convinced that A.P. was going to try to, "rip him off?" After an objection to the question was sustained, Tiffany didn't answer. Finally, the defense asked how Tiffany heard what happened top Johnny and Lisa. She responded that she got a call from a friend, Tony Watson. When the defense asked if it was true that Tony told her, "I guarantee my brother Chris did it." the prosecution objected and the Judge called the lawyers and defendant into chambers. When they emerged the defense announced they had no further questions and Tiffany was dismissed. But again, toothpaste already out of the tube...

I'm sorry folks. There's more. From three sheriff's deputy's that responded to calls at the house that night, and better yet from Zach Burkett. But for a guy whose typing skills are limited, going on 3 hours sleep and an 8 hour trial, I've got to catch up on some work. Chew on what I have so far and I'll try to answer questions to fill in the blanks until I have a chance to finish. Sorry for any typo's but I think i"m seeing double right now. I'll be back in court tomorrow. Not sure which trial. To OTD, sorry I haven't called you yet. I will.

I've been following this heinous crime since it happened and want to thank everyone who is attending the trial on Mock's behalf!

I find it quite interesting TW states in the Pettaway trial she found out about Johnny and Lisa's deaths from Tony Watson but stated in the Williams' trial she learned the news from Maytee.

Per http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...ouple.html:

"Clarke's mother arrived while they were there, and sheriff's deputies again returned. Ms. Williams and Mr. Burkett left after talking to deputies and didn't learn of their friends' deaths until Clarke's mother called Ms. Williams."

I certainly hope LE and the prosecutors have taken note of this discrepancy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Love Hippos - 07-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM