Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-26-2012, 12:11 AM)ArmyMom Wrote: Hello Everyone,
This is my 1st post on here & I hope I do it right.

Do you think it is possible that the cigarette could have come in on someones shoe? You know how you throw it down & step on it to put it out. Could it have stuck then or when the investigators 1st got there?

Also, I just can't stop thinking about the time line of everything. I know shitstorm brought it up recently, too. The 1st time the police came to the house the lights & TV were on but when then returned they were off. How can that be, unless everyone was in the house at that time?

Welcome to the board!!

I don't think it came in on someone's shoe because the first day of the prosecution's testimony (the three part, full-length videos) he described the butt as "perfectly rounded" and "smoked down to the filter". I say they were very nervous to the point that they had to go outside to cool off, calm down, and figure out how they were going to seal this up.

I had a theory on how the butt got inside the home "unharmed" so to speak, Post: #21358. I think they heard Johnny struggling inside, rushed into the house and just dropped it without even thinking or realizing.

Adrenaline makes people very sloppy and forgetful. For example, many folks, including myself, like to carry concealed knives around for protection (legal in many states). However its widely shared amongst people who teach self defense with knives that adrenaline has a way of making you drop the knife, cut yourself, or forget how to open it in a panic. Their nerves were so high that 3+ people walked right by the butt when leaving (either not noticing or thinking anything of it).

As for your comment about the lights. Since no one else went into the house before Big John after the crime, the killers were still inside when Tiffany first arrived. The second time when other arrived the lights and tv were off.

The killers probably realized once the Tiffany and then a cop came by looking around that people knew something was wrong. They probably figured it would look like Johnny and Lisa left, or went to bed by cutting the lights off and lowering suspicion. Buying time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Aberlin - 07-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM