Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
[/quote]

"I disagree that the tape would leave the same marks as fingers wrapped around a neck, or a ligature."

I'm not saying they used their finger to wrap the tape, was simply saying it was possible. I also mentioned they could have used a belt (we don't know). I too seriously doubt they would tape her and un-tape her. There would have been used pieces of tape all over the place (which was never mentioned).

There is another possibility. There are times when a person has stopped breathing but still have a slow heart beat. In CPR instead of giving two breaths with 15 chest compressions, you give two "rescue breaths".

Again, I'm not saying that was Lisa's status, we don't know and never will. But it is possible and see that she never started breathing they could have very well assumed she was dead. A stretch yes, but then again these guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They could have also checked for a pulse but at that point I'd think they were thinking "she's #%@&ing dead, what the #%@! do we do now?"

In either case, they had the bag pulled on tight enough to now allow any air to leak out, or leak in...that's pretty tight. Otherwise Lisa wouldn't have passed out because there would be new oxygen getting into the bag.

Again, all this assuming the snitch's account is true. If not...nevermind all I'm saying.

"They either would have had to have taped the bag to her neck after she was already dead -- and why would they?"

I think that's very obvious; they wanted to guarantee she didn't come back. Again, these guys aren't thinking like detectives after committing their first murders...they're just trying to quell any screw ups. You can hear that fear and panic in what was in Sam's phone calls getting Cam's brother to comb through all the dockets...he's once again desperately trying to make things air tight. I posted a super long post about this a few pages back...don't want to keep posting the same material so I'm trying to keep this abbreviated.

"There's also the problem of the blood. Sounds like blood was pooled inside Lisa's bag. As someone mentioned, dead people don't bleed, so she was alive when bleeding in the bag."

Yes, I posted that statement about dead people not able to bleed...same comment I mentioned above. All the pooling in the bag means is that she had a good amount of blood in her hair, etc. Being that she's dead and her head isn't moving, all that she bled before dying is going to drift to one side of the bag and "pool up". Pooled blood in the bag can mean she started bleeding after the bag was put on, or again, just from bleeding previously while she was being tortured or whatever it was that actually caused the wound.

"making Johnny watch -- taped her up first and killed her in front of him -- but then it's still really odd that the end of the tape roll is on her and not him. The last bit of tape went on her, not on Johnny."

Lisa was colder than Johnny indicating she died first. However, there is cardboard on the end of her tape meaning she was taped up last...sounds like it goes perfectly with the snitches story; Lisa died first, taped up last. Again, I believe they were paranoid and wanted to be certain she wouldn't come back.

As for what the snitch mean by "gave her air", there was no DNA on Lisa's lip or at least none that's been mentioned in court. I think all he means is take the bag off and she starts breathing again/wakes up.

Some friends of mine when we were in middle school tried that a few times to get "high" (I know, kids are complete idiots). Once the person passed out (or maybe they just nearly passed out) from lack of air, they took their hand off their mouth and they automatically started breathing again and "woke up feeling all fuzzy". Stupid. Very stupid, but again, 14 year old idiots.

"Then there's the whole sitting in chairs facing each other thing. When do they step on his head if he's in a chair? (Didn't the snitch say chairs? No mention of chairs at the crime scene, were there? they were on the floor)"

Could have been referring to couches, or literally chairs. The kitchen was right there, there were definitely chairs.

"So at the very least, I think the accidental death is super unlikely"

But that's the thing, accident or not is completely irrelevant. They murdered them; they died because someone else did something to them with intent to cause physical harm. Either way you look at it, Johnny's death was based on premeditated murder.

What I think is significant about the snitch's story is that is goes along side with some information that "wasn't previously known" (whatever that is).

If anything, Sam could have mentioned the accident thing to not make it look as bad but that makes no sense at all...you're confessing that you were there when one or your co-conspiritors deliberately killed Johnny. At that point you're still in just as much trouble. If Sam was just trying to "lighten up" the crime he would have said they were both killed accidentally.

What matters most is that it puts Sam and Cam there along with their DNA to physically confirm it. Then you have suspicious jail phone conversations that sounds like a couple guys trying to not "talk obvious" on getting Cam not to snitch, etc.

What worries me is that a lot of people now are getting strapped down by the small details and not focusing on the big picture...they were there, they participated. "Who pulled the trigger" (so to speak) would be great to know, but I'd settle for putting them all away for life via "conspiracy to commit murder".

Anyone remember the Gotti trial and the RICO cases they were working against them to bring everyone down? Just a thought.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Aberlin - 07-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM