Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-26-2012, 08:12 AM)soothsayer Wrote: Why is the prosecution not laying out the whole detailed theory. "You came here at xx o'clock [which we know from the phone call]. You beat them up, tied them up, ransacked the house, looked for a safe, found the alarm system, decided to torture them. We know by xxx o'clock they were both dead. You left with $80 and a ring." Will we see it at closing?

I'm just frustrated to not have heard the whole official theory of how it went down. So far it sounds more like "There's two dead kids, dead from tight tape and bags that cut off blood flow and air, and there's a cigarette butt near them with your dna on it, so we figure you killed them, perhaps because Lisa mentioned the house non-smoking rules that we've covered in depth during this trial."

I know they've covered more than that --being silly, really. But I guess I was expecting a bit more science to figure in, and so far I haven't heard much. Maybe time of death doesn't matter because 1) it makes the cops look bad if the crime was in progress when they first came, and the kids were alive or 2) because the perps have no alibi for thus and such a time. Maybe I am a victim of watching too many police/court dramas, maybe Toledo's coroner sucks, maybe they don't go to this sort of trouble for throwaway perps or victims (but you'd think Lisa would rate some care and attention), maybe the TOD is such a broad range of hours that it wouldn't have been useful. Johnny's in rigor mortis with his stiff as a board neck, but that can start to set in after 10 mins depending on temp. I dunno, am I asking too much to want to hear the whole story as the officials see it? I don't mind the speculation that she hit her head, blood dripped off her dead hair, etc. -- heck, I do it myself trying to picture the scene -- but I'd like to see the whole 'fact based' official theory end to end. Am I alone in that? Much less how you get from a cigarette butt to necessarily being there for or during the murders.

You're not alone soothsayer, I'm right there with ya! 45

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by ArmyMom - 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM