Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I did not make to court today, but I was at Pettaway's trial yesterday morning and Williams trial yesterday afternoon. Mostly tedious cell phone records that were used to support the accounts of Zach Burkett, Tiffany Williams and Alex Cousino, at least to some extent. Cell tower records support Alex and Zach's story of Alex leaving her home in East Toledo and picking up Zach before heading to the IHOP in Springfield Township with her grandparents (whose house in Springfield they had gone to), and then returning to East Toledo. However, this all occurred by 4:00pm Jan. 30, so it doesn't mean anything relative to the crime.

Phone records also indicated a complete (and reportedly very unusual) cessation of phone calls between Sam and Cameo between 9:41pm and 12:59am Jan. 30-31. My inference being that they knew there approximate location could be tracked.

So many questions have been raised by Mockers the last few days that I've been unable to respond to that I'm not sure I remember them all.

The State compared DNA from the scene with samples taken from, as far as I recall since joining Mock, every possible suspect mentioned here with the exception of one - Ben Dennis. His sample was never taken because, the investigator testified, he had already been eliminated as a suspect.

The account given by Eric Yingling bothers me because some of the irregularities, such as Sam initially telling him things started in the basement (they hadn't), the need to tape the bag on Lisa if she was already dead (which others here have offered plausible explanations for) and his account that after leaving they used a garage door opener taken from the house to close the overhead garage door and tossed it in the yard (Jeff Straub that the opener "appeared" on his kitchen counter months earlier. He doesn't know where it came from but assumed Lisa or one of her friends left it there. He tried to program it to work his door but was unsuccessful). It couldn't have been used to close the door. It seems to me that one explanation for the irregularities is that Yingling got his information from the internet. His criminal record, aside from the child support charge, involved using his computer to steal, and he admitted he was "phenomenal" with computers. Discovery documents, etc would have provided him access to that info to concoct his story, and the 911 call from Maytee accessible online mentions the basement. One thing the prosecution hit on yesterday while interviewing Detective Jeff Kozak was that the list of seized items was never made public. If so, Yingling did not find out about the Iraqi Dinar online. I'm a latecomer to Mock. Have ANY of you been aware of the Dinar prior to it being introduced as evidence at trail?

After hearing all the evidence, I would like to float another theory; Alex Cousino is the only common thread between Sam/Cam, Johnny/Lisa AND Maytee. Could Alex and/or Maytee have set the whole thing up to rob the "safe," and planned the torture to take place in the basement? For whatever reason, maybe too tough of a struggle, they used the kitchen because that's where they were able to subdue Johnny. It's even plausible to me that Alex would have taken a cigarette but from either Sam or Cameo's house with the intent to frame them. If Yingling was coached by Alex or Maytee he would have been given their planned story as opposed to what actually happened, peppered with other facts that were either made public or shared with families of the victims. If the Dinar were not made public, I would have to believe Yingling must have learned of the from someone who was there. But not necessarily Sam.

Having said that, there is no doubt in my mind after hearing the jail phone call between Sam and Steve Pettawy which (because Sam used another inmates PIN to dial out), he assumed would never be traced to him. The other calls, where he professes his innocence, I believe were only played in court so that jurors could easily tell that it was Sam's voice on the phone. A fact corroborated Cam's babymama.

Sam and Cam are guilty. No question in my mind whatsoever after it in Sam's own words. But Yingling's testimony raises questions about who else was involved. Mention of the basement is particularly damning for Maytee. I hope investigators are exploring any possible connection between Yingling and the other players, especially Maytee and Alex.

Trying now to remember other questions raised here and will post what I learned in court relative to those questions as I recall them. As I think you all know, Williams case is with the jury now, and Pettaway's will be by the end of the day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Mustang - 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM