Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Morning started off with Coroner as witness -- difficult to listen to -- had photos of JC and LS. I thought she was a really good witness. Came across as thorough, diligent, and respectful of victims. I found it particularly difficult to hear the explanation of the bruises on their chins -- she said as a reflex when someone is going to put something around your neck, you put your chin down to prevent it -- tried to fight off duct tape with their chins enough to bruise. Awful. That really got to me. There was more to her testimony, details that have been recounted here already. Although percs showed in both tox screens, they were low levels (not high). They had other injuries hadn't heard much about either, all in all, the testimony with the photos was just gruesome, really difficult to listen to.
Det. Kozak took stand next. This was the first case he was the lead investigator for homicide and only became lead because Stooksbury retired. I was underwhelmed by him. Said that he went to scene at 4:30 am and then went to substation to begin interviews -- interviewed MVC, John Sr, friends of JC that showed up, family of LS, other clarke family members, and a couple of friends. Said after first round of interviews Clarke family informed them ZB and TW were at the scene and also told them to investigate AP. FBI offered help, so they rounded up ZB, TW, AP and brought to Sheriff's office. They did several interviews with them. Then focused on JC/LS phone calls tried to contact everyone they had talked to around crime. Said they ruled out AP...and basically everyone in inner circle.
Said they found out about SW dna on cig butt 1st -- name hadn't come up at all at that point. Arrested SW on 9/22/11 and Cameo hadn't been id'd yet. They played the phone call between Sam & Cameo -- not much there. Definitely, didn't sound like Cameo was very bright. more later but gotta leave for awhile....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by YourOtherLeft - 07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM