Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-26-2012, 04:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 04:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Didn't ANY of you see this coming?

some of us have been very worried about a lack of direct evidence. i'm not happy, but not shocked. casey anthony, THAT shocked me.

I was one of the few not shocked by the CA verdict. I'd called it for a couple of years. Having read nearly every page of discovery, I just didn't think they could pull it off. The FBI lab never found quite enough -- and made matters worse by contaminating things.

Asking for death and insisting those multiple chloroform computer searches had happened when it wasn't true --- that really did them in I think. Then there's the imaginary heart sticker and other phantoms that the state could not prove (not a shred of evidence supported that such a thing existed; no photo, no residue). They grandstanded with their tv star M.E flatly insisting it's murder despite no COD, refusing to budge. And it failed.

I think if they just came in and said, look, this girl is really messed up and if you just think about this, you'll conclude like every reasonable person that she had something to do with the death of this child. Not sure it was murder, but she was involved in the death and covered it up. THEN they would have had her at least on something. To me, they blew it because of hubris.

In THIS case, my only shock is that they went to trial with so little evidence. Making such a big deal about trying to go for death for both Feh. For what? The only thing they could convict them of was littering that butt. If these guys did it, I'm really sickened. If they didn't, I sure would like to know who did.

A dark day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by soothsayer - 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM