Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(08-04-2012, 05:49 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 10:38 AM)Green Ribbon Wrote: 1. How come two not so bright (and one even classed as a retard!) perps managed not to leave any dna on either bodies in what was a nasty murder?

Well this is a good question, if your refer back to the phone calls tape recorded in Jail with Sam Williams and Steven Pettaway, my take on these two is they've been roughing up people possibly at other locations in Toledo, it was supposed to be Steven that night but, he was in jail so Cam had to go as substitute. It sounds to me like they are a couple of thugs that were rented out, some bastard set this thing up and hired those two to thump Johnny and Lisa around and hold them down by force. The jail phone calls fried Williams and Yinglings testimony.

I believe they all wore gloves in the beginning the trouble begins with duct tape, I would assume it is more difficult to handle duct tape with gloves on. What we don't know is which side of the duct tape was the DNA found, if it was found on the sticky side then they used their fingers and wiped the outside of the duct tape off, we also don't know if it's skin cells, saliva or hair. No DNA was on the bags, Some female DNA found inside Johnny's pants pockets same as on the Duct Tape. My take on all this is Williams and Pettaway the henchmen put the bags over their heads whilst the others taped. We don't know for sure if both Cam and Sam took a smoke break together, what if it was just Cam and he had never done a job like this before according to brother Steven, and it was goofy Cameo that slipped up and left the cig., by mistake & Sam didn't know it. IMO

Night Owl, thanks for coming back to me and I agree with your theory. Williams call and Yearling's testimony was definitely a major factor in his conviction. Like you, I also think it was Sam and Cam's big brother who had probably done similar things prior to this crime.

That goes back to what Duchess asked, if Sam does think that it was Cam who screwed up that night - by leaving the cig butt, then he's got to be mad as hell that Cam got off and that he got convicted.

Going back to Yearlings, if I was him I'd be looking over my shoulder right now, but I give the guy respect for doing the right thing and testifying. I just hope that his local police force have got his back.

I have also the same thoughts/questions as you in regard to the duct tape and dna evidence. I would love to know exactly where the dna was found on the tape and what type it was. I also agree with your thought that they were the henchmen and that someone else - the female? did the taping and I think your point about taking off the gloves is spot on! I'm in the middle of painting and decorating here, but I am using masking tape not duct tape and it is a bugger to handle with gloves, so I imagine duct tape would be even harder to tear. My instinct is to bite and then tear the tape, but then I am innocently decorating not hurting people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Green Ribbon - 08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM