Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(08-06-2012, 12:11 AM)Aberlin Wrote: Excellent response!! I'm a little doubtful about them wearing masks myself, but at the same time wearing masks does reduce the risk of direct retaliation. Unless they knew Johnny would never be able to "go to war with them."

Thanks Aberlin. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Totally agree with you in regard to the masks, that it does reduce the risk of retaliation. The only thing that makes me think they didn't wear them was Tiffany's statement of Johnny's final call.

(08-06-2012, 12:11 AM)Aberlin Wrote: I think you're spot on about Johnny's response too. Seeing someone masked you know there's some serious shit about to go down. On the other hand, strangers in the house might make you second guess your instincts or give you the false belief you can talk your way out of the situation. People tend to believe they can talk their way out of any trouble.

Of course you have a solid point on the validity of Tiffany's testimony on what Johnny said. I'm not doubting her testimony, but rather acknowledging we are all basing these theories on hearsay.

I've gone back and forth on my views of Tiffany some many times. Don't really want to go there for a while.

Tbh, I don't know what to make of Tiffany. My thoughts on her validity wasn't so much based on me thinking she was involved, but more on like you said, hearsay and the possibility that she was in some way holding back information. By that I mean - it's thought that they were all in to pills, was she reluctant to get the cops invoved because she knew there was a stash at the house and didn't want to get her friends (J & L) in to trouble and played down the danger, to justify her not ringing the cops and Johnny's family way earlier.

Or IIRR, hasn't she stated on her fb how 'street' she is a few times? Could she be reluctant to be seen to snitch on someone. So she may have actually heard more about who was there that night, but doesn't want to be a snitch. Is it her fella who actually has a tattoo saying "stop snitching"? 78

I can understand you not wanting to go there for awhile though, you guys have been following this case in depth from the start, I'd be 15 on some of the details by now, myself. Smiley_emoticons_wink

(08-06-2012, 12:11 AM)Aberlin Wrote: However, here's a thought I just had. IF...again if, Tiffany was the one who set this up, it would have been discussed that she was going to call Johnny's phone numerous times in an attempt to eliminate herself as a suspect.

The issue with that theory is the reaction of the perps. They got so pissed from the constant calls they threw the phone across the room. It would have changed nothing in the "alibi" if the perps quickly picked up the phone and said "alright enough...stop calling!!" Tiffany could have simply said Johnny was screaming for help that final call and the phone went dead. Then she drove out there. Of course as well all know she never said that. So the reaction of the perps makes me doubt she was arranging the crime.

I think you are spot on there! The reaction to the phones does look like they simply got pissed off with all the calls and I accept that it would have changed nothing for them to answer and say enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Green Ribbon - 08-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM