Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Greenfrog, First of all, welcome to Mock! You sound like you are doing a great job and your son is blessed to have a mom who works hard and it sounds like you are dedicated to providing the best life you can for son and other children. I know some of the previous post were a bit harsh but please do not be put off by them! No one knows you or your situation. and where do statistics come from anyway? I have always wanted to know how they can possibly be accurate since no one has ever knocked on my door and did a survey, and if they come from public records, there are no public records for my family- so who is gathering these numbers and where do they come from? For whoever is counting, I am 1 of 5 children, my mother was a drug addict. Only 1 of her kids ended up on drugs and was felon, he died from drugs. The oldest is a certified body trainer who is married to an engineer for Lockheed-Martin, the other is a supervisor for a machine shop in Houston, the youngest works for a Stockbroker firm in downtown Houston and is also part owner of a bar in downtown Houston, and I work for a video development company who creates video games, none of us are on public assistance. Now, they can recalculate the totals, and I know plenty of other families I could add in there that would alter those numbers, so your son has every chance of having a productive life and does not have to end up a felon, or on assistance. It would not be a bad idea to meet with a counselor and ask them what you should tell your son about his dad, and when to tell him because at some point kids at school or in the neighborhood will tell him about his dad, and probably not very nicely, and it is probably best he hears it from you first and understands the situation and is prepared. I know this cannot be a easy situation and I do pray for you and your family. I know you and MikeyA got off to a rocky start, but he is normally one of the most intellectual and well spoken posters on here,and I do think he was a bit unfair towards you since he does not know you or your situation, so I hope he does not scare you off. Although most killers do have a history of violence before they kill, and that would be what people see most often, there are plenty of cases where people just wake up one day and kill people. One recent example is James Holmes who shot and killed people in the movie theater in Colorado. Not a single bit of criminal history on him at all. Turns out he was a mental patient, but those records are private and would not have been found on a background search. If I recall, the Columbine shooters erupted into violence without any criminal history as well. So while I do agree that violence does tend to escalate, it can certainly come out of nowhere unexpectedly. I am sure you could not have ever imagined that the man you once loved would ever end up involved in something like this. Many prayers to you and your family.

I LOVE God, but his fan club scares the shit out of me!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Snoopy - 09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM