Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(05-12-2013, 05:27 PM)Duchess Wrote: Mustang! Nice to see you posting. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Are the Straubs able to get any satisfaction at all out of the little bit of time he'll be behind bars?[/i][/size]

Duchess, I keep up with Mock but haven't posted because I haven't had anything to share. At least until my sarcasm got the best of me after seeing the thug's tattoo.

I must preface the the remainder of this post with the following; I feel a bit like I'm talking behind their backs or invading their privacy whenever I talk about the Straub family here, but I occasionally do so only because I know that when a Mocker asks about them it is with genuine compassion and care about the family. I hope that they wouldn't mind.

I also don't know if any of them follow this thread, or how exactly they would feel about the vast number of complete strangers that have become so emotionally connected to this case, but my hope is that they would find some solace in the fact that so many people care and refuse to forget until justice for Lisa is served.

Having said that, I ran into Lindsay a few days after the sentence. She's happy he's behind bars, but I think she (like the rest of us) doesn't see it as justice for Lisa. By the way, she graduated and passed certification exams to become an Registered Nurse, following in the footsteps of Mary Beth. Very proud of her. She has grown into one very impressive young woman.

I haven't seen Jeff and Mary Beth in a while, and when I do, I don't bring the subject up. I know if there were something they wanted to share they would initiate the conversation, and I don't want to force them to have to think about it if they've been able to find themselves an opportunity to at least temporarily be distracted. I'm certain Lisa is constantly on their minds and in their dreams, but they have Lindsay, their families and a great number of friends for whom's sake I'm sure they're trying to keep moving forward and return some sense of normalcy to their lives.

Jeff, Mary Beth and Lindsay are all incredibly strong people, and I've been both amazed and pleased at how well the three of them have been able to weather such unimaginable pain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Mustang - 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM