Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
So, according to trial transcripts referenced in the appeals doc:

-Eric Yingling, the jailhouse informant whose testified against Samuel Williams, said that appellant (Williams) revealed to him that they (Williams, Pettaway and Eric Taylor) had found some sort of foreign money in the Straub home. Yingling testified, “It was Ghadaffi or So-Damned-Insane, is how he [a]ppellant said it, meaning Sadam Hussain.” Yingling testified appellant left the money in the house because even if it was real, appellant did not know how to exchange it for U.S. currency.

-Detective Kozak testified at trial that information about the dinars, the Iraqi currency found at the Straub home, was not made public, although dinars were listed as property seized from the crime scene pursuant to the search warrant.

Based on the early media reports featuring contents of the search warrant, Detective Kozak's testimony about the dinars is misleading, in my opinion. I think it's reasonable to have less faith in Yingling's credibility knowing that information about Iraqi currency had, in fact, been published in the news and Yingling's wife had admittedly searched out information about the case before Yinglig testified.

I'm just curious because I know a lot of Mock members followed this case closely from day one. Does anyone think Sam Williams is innocent and was railroaded? Or, do you believe Williams is guilty and took the fall for others who also participated?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by HairOfTheDog - 02-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM