Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-27-2015, 01:56 PM)Butterfly Girl Wrote: There is an interesting document on the http://co.lucas.oh.us/index.aspx?NID=99
website. enter name clarke and go to entry 51 top one for John and then click top left public documents and then click on july 20 th I'd copy and paste it but it wont let me maybe someone else knows how to get it posted here its very interesting about the chain of events and the courts response to defendants motion to suppress evidence.

It is very interesting, Butterfly Girl.

It's the State's Response to Motion to Suppress (defendant's request to suppress evidence gathered the night that Tiffany was shot and John Clarke was arrested).

Confirmations and New Details revealed in the doc:
1. Immediately after the incident, Tiffany positively identified John Clarke as the man who shot at her and Maytee Clarke as the female who was with him at the time. Tiffany also described the vehicle.

2. Police immediately sent several units to the Clarke home, where they observed John Clarke and Maytee Clarke fighting on the front yard and the vehicle parked outside.

3. When the couple saw the police, they ran into the dwelling.

4. Maytee told police that only her son was in the home. Police entered the dwelling (without explicit consent); a male child (son) and a female (not identified) were observed inside the home.

5. Police searched the premises and found John Clarke hiding in the basement.

6. Upon his arrest, police contend that John Clarke gave them consent to search his vehicle for a hand gun; no hand gun was found in the vehicle.

In this State's Response to Motion to Suppress doc filed on 7/20/2015, the State (prosecution) contends that Toledo police officers did not violate the fourth amendment's protection against unwarranted/unreasonable search and seizure because: (a) the officers had Probable Cause to enter the dwelling, (b) the officers were in "hot pursuit" of a suspect believed to be armed and dangerous, and (c ) there existed exigent circumstances.

^ That's my recap of the doc; I'll try to convert the PDF to text and paste it too.

I don't believe that Maytee's defense team has a chance in hell of getting the evidence suppressed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by HairOfTheDog - 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM