Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Okay, I am caught up- and WOW is right! It is not possible for me put everything I want to say in one post, but there are a few things I would like to respond to, that just really stood out.

Please be patient with my typing, grammar, and punctuation, as I am on very strong medications for a chronic illness.

After working on account compromises, and investigations, recovery of those accounts for a very large gaming company for over the past 5 years, I might have a good feel for how it might work, when trying to recover information that was posted on the Facebook accounts, however, what I have learned from my own work experience does not make me an expert on this subject. I would have been considered an expert only for the company I worked for, and other companies may have different procedures, and methods, tools etc.

Deactivating her FB account should not remove any of the information she posted there, but there might be a time limit on how long FB post, are saved. Most companies on the internet will save all chat logs, and for FB that may include posts, for at the minimum, a few months. For gaming companies it would saved on the sever side. Regardless of what the account holder does on their side, it cannot ever be erased unless the information is purged from the server, and only our dev team or others in control of that functionality, would have the ability to do so.

The bad news is, storing information on servers for millions of people can cost a ton of money. Depending on how FB is structured, they may or may not retain that information for a long time. They do seem to be able to keep active accounts and all their post, for years, and maybe forever, the question will be, how long do they keep it for a deactivated account? and none of us can know that unless they work for FB, and those that do, are probably under a Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) so employees would not be able to share that type of information with anyone outside of the company.

As far as the copies of the chat, and screen shots- those cannot be used for any investigations where I come from. They are too easy to manipulate, alter, and can be copy pasted from anywhere, leaving no proof they came from the individual. or the account they are reported to have originated from.

For example:

Maytee C Vazquez-Clarke‎

July 21 at 3:51pm ·

Thank you all my friends at Mock for your endless support in helping me to find the maggots who killed my babiboi. I love you all.
It was good spending time with you Duchess, I hope to see you again soon. Next time lunch is on me. blah blah blah

( sorry Duchess, I know that had to be disturbing to read :-)~~~ )

The header of that post is an actual copy, of a copy, of her post from her FB, that has been altered to say what I want. Too easy to manipulate, and with programs like photoshoppe, the possibilities are endless. So there is a good chance that the post from her FB, and the screen shots, cannot be accepted as proof, if they were copied from her account.

We can hope that the archives for FB are at least a year long, because that will be enough time to find sufficient evidence of the threats, and LE has probably been watching her account for a long time anyway, and may have been collecting these threats long before the attack on TW.
A lot will depend on how FB information is saved.
What we do know about FB is that a post can originate from one FB account, and be posted on the page of a different FB account, there is always the hope that any deleted threats made to TW from MC, can be recovered from the account of TW if needed. The tools I worked with allowed us to search chat both accounts, the one that sent it, as well as the receiver of the chat. So, time will tell.
And there is also computer forensics if needed....

There is so much more I would love to elaborate on, but the medications are getting the best of me. There is no way someone is not writing a book about this case, unbelievable.

I LOVE God, but his fan club scares the shit out of me!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Snoopy - 09-06-2015, 01:43 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM