Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Judge Zmuda- (sentencing)
"I have thought about this case a lot, since the beginning knowing that we have a sentencing this morning. There's a lot that can be said about the incident, that gave rise to the charges, which resulted in the two pleas, trial and conviction. There's a lot that probably should be said. If one knew nothing of you and just watched the trial....I think that people would be astonished at what it exposed. It's the under belly of our community...that interface between law enforcement and criminal conduct. Sometimes that thin blue line is crossed...because you see that thin blue line Mr. Ramirez, is all that separates criminal conduct from our community". "Justice for Johnny...there is no justice for Johnny. Your actions belie that both you Mrs. Clarke and Mr. Clarke. The reality is there is something else going on deeper inside of both of you. I think it's the guilt that your are unwilling to acknowledge. You see, Johnny was more than just a son. He was a nephew, he was a team mate, he was a co-worker, he was a grand son, he was a buddy. He lived in this community and his loss doesn't give anybody to take the law into their own hands...which the three of you did for various reasons'.
"John, your testimony and the truth only appear to align when it suited your purpose. I think your, a sophisticated word is mendacious. Your just a calculated liar. You can't help yourself but lie. As engaging as you attempted to be on stand, you only testified truthfully when you thought it could help your case out".
"To Maytee Clarke, you have I think, successfully accomplished this...I am suffering from mental illness, I have lost my son and I can barely survive persona. But there's two tales. Two sides that indicate behind that veneer is a calculated person that contributed, helped orchestrate all of the steps leading up to the attempted murder of the defendant".

"It doesn't matter who the person is in our community. If their the President of the United States or the worst criminal that's ever walked the face of the earth. We all have rights. We all have the protection of being able to live within this community and when you take the law into your own hands and say...you know what it's because she's a prostitute and a drug dealer, her life doesn't matter...then you become judge and jury. That we can't have. Because to have that destroys the very foundation of our society. "Sadly, your actions depict lives that are out of control".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by truth be told - 09-21-2016, 12:51 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM