Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ALIVIA CHRISTINE KAIL,19, MISSING
...Surprised this hasn't been talked about yet
Her FB page is public, and there are a lot of comments on it relating to the case..

PITTSBURGH -- Allegheny County police said on Tuesday that they're investigating the disappearance of a 19-year-old woman who hasn't been seen since March 5.

Alivia Christine Kail was reported missing by her brother, Ryan, who told police that she was last seen at his West Mifflin home with her boyfriend.

Kail's brother said she told him that she was going to Florida with her boyfriend, but police said the young woman's cellphone is shut off and there is no proof that she ever made the trip.

Channel 4 Action News' Marcie Cipriani reported that police said the woman's boyfriend -- who is not being identified publicly -- has been uncooperative with their investigation.

"Our concern is that, based upon the conflicting statements made to others -- other than us, because he won't speak to us -- that we're concerned for her welfare," Lt. Jeff Korczyk said.

Kail's mother, Christine Didiano, told Cipriani that she or another family member usually talks to Kail each day, so she's worried because there has been no contact but she's staying positive and hoping that her daughter will be found.

"I'd like to just hear her voice, let me know that she's OK," Didiano said. "She's my youngest. You know, she's my everything."

Didiano described Kail as a happy teenager who spent a lot of time with her at her clothing store in Brookline. The last thing the family knew, Kail was about to leave for Florida with her boyfriend.

"The concern now is that the gentleman is back here in the Pittsburgh area, and my daughter still is not found and still not heard from," Didiano said.

The last time Kail posted a Facebook message was March 1, when she wrote that she loved the beach. Police and family members said she returned from that Florida trip, but disappeared four days later after claiming she and her boyfriend were headed back there.

"Something's not right," Didiano said.

Kail is described as white, 5 feet 1 inch tall, 110 pounds, with green eyes, a pierced lip and nose, and sandy-color hair that she often changes.

Anyone who has seen Kail or may know her whereabouts is asked to call police at 412-473-1251. Callers may remain anonymous.

http://www.wtae.com/news/27356207/detail.html

----------

Alivia Kail isn't one to not call, friends said.

"This is not like her at all," said Nicole Massart, 19, of Green Tree. "She can't go a day without talking to people."

Massart, along with other friends and family, is concerned about the 19-year-old woman who was last seen leaving her brother's West Mifflin residence on March 5.

Kail picked up some clothes at her brother's and planned to go to Florida with her boyfriend, Allegheny County police Lt. Jeffrey Korczyk said on Tuesday. She hasn't been seen or heard from since, he said.

The boyfriend, whom police declined to name, refused to answer questions about Kail's whereabouts and had his brother refer officers to an attorney, Korczyk said.

"Right from the beginning, he's been uncooperative with us," Korczyk said. He declined to say whether the boyfriend was a suspect in Kail's disappearance.

"He's someone we would like to talk to," Korczyk said.

Kail recently had returned from Florida and was planning to go back, Massart said.

Brittany Huber, 21, of Mt. Washington said Kail had stayed with her most recently.

Huber said Kail contacted her via Facebook while she was in Florida to ask for her telephone number, saying her boyfriend would not let her bring her cell phone on the trip. Huber said she never heard from Kail.

The Tribune-Review could not reach the boyfriend for comment.

"He's telling a bunch of different stories," Huber said. "I'm very concerned."

Police described Kail as white with sandy hair, about 5-foot-1, 110 pounds, with a pierced lip and nose and a blue flower with swirls tattooed on her right hip.

"She always has to be talking to somebody," Huber said. "She didn't like to be alone. She would've talked to someone by now."

Anyone with information on Kail's whereabouts is asked to call police at 412-473-3000.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...29719.html

-----

PITTSBURGH -- Allegheny County police said a missing West Mifflin woman's boyfriend isn't cooperating with her family's attempts to find her.

Police called a news conference Tuesday to drum up attention to the case of Alivia Christine Kail, 19. Police said Kail told her family and friends she was headed to Florida with her boyfriend and was last seen when she stopped at her brother's home to pick up some clothes for the trip on March 5.

Now, police said, they don't even know if Kail even made the trip.

Police said Kail’s cellphone has been shut off since March 21 because she hasn’t paid her bill. They have checked with law enforcement in Florida, but no one has been able to locate the woman.

Kail's mother said it's unlike Alivia to go this long without contacting anyone in the family.

"I don't believe she's an angel of god right now, but I'd like to hear her voice and know that she's OK," said Kail's mother Christine DiDiano. "She's never done anything like this. She's never disappeared or anything of that sort."

Police aren't identifying Kail's boyfriend and have stopped short of calling him a "suspect" or even a "person of interest" in her disappearance. Police also haven’t said whether they believe foul play is involved.

County police said Kail's boyfriend recently hired an attorney from out of state.

Anyone with information to Kail’s whereabouts is asked to contact police.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/27356800/detail.html

---

...not sure how long i am allowed to make a post... sorry if i did this wrong Smiley_emoticons_smile
(CBS/KDKA) PITTSBURGH - Police are asking for the public's help to locate 19-year-old Alivia Christine Kail, who was reported missing on March 5.

Kail has not been heard from since she told her parents she was going to Florida with her boyfriend, reports CBS station KDKA.

She was living in southwestern Pennsylvania with a roommate. The last time she was seen was when she went to her brother's house to get some clothes for the trip, reports the station.

According to police, Kail's boyfriend has not been cooperative. He has returned to the Pittsburgh area from Florida and Kail is still no where to be found.

"The boyfriend was approached by the family members and friends about the whereabouts of Alivia and he gave some conflicting stories as to where she was located," Allegheny County Police Lietenant Jeff Korczyk said to the station. "One story that she [was] dropped off in Mt. Washington and another that she was still down in Florida."

The boyfriend's identity has not been released and police have not labeled him as a person of interest.

Kail is 5-feet-1 inch tall and weighs 110 pounds. She has green eyes and a blue flower tattoo with swirls on her hip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-2...BSNews.com

----

The boyfriend of a missing 19-year-old woman was arrested on Wednesday when police searched his home and found a stolen handgun and drugs.

Allegheny County police searched the Esplen apartment of Alexander P. Lorenzi, 22, where they found the gun, bags of suspected marijuana and suspected cocaine, evidence of drug packaging and records of drug sales. Lorenzi, 22, was charged with receiving stolen property, possession, and possession with intent to deliver drugs.

Police said Lorenzi is the boyfriend of Alivia Kail, who was last seen on March 15 leaving her brother's home in West Mifflin after she picked up some clothes and said she was planning to go to Florida with her boyfriend.

The criminal complaint states only that county police obtained a search warrant for the home and that Lorenzi was present.

County police Lt. Jeffrey Korczyk said he could not discuss why the search warrant was obtained.

However, Korczyk has said that police have wanted to talk to Lorenzi. Korczyk also has said Lorenzi has refused to answer questions about Kail's whereabouts and that his brother has referred all questions to his attorney.

Lorenzi was awaiting arraignment in Night Court. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in Pittsburgh Municipal Court.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...30042.html

--

PITTSBURGH -- Allegheny County police Wednesday questioned the boyfriend of a 19-year-old Mount Washington woman who has been missing since March 5.

Alexander Lorenzi was detained on unrelated drug charges Wednesday, police said.

Channel 4 Action News' Janelle Hall reported that police found bags of what they suspected were marijuana and cocaine, as well as packaging for distribution of the drugs and records of drug sales when they searched Lorenzi's Oregon Street apartment.

Police said they also found a .22-caliber handgun that had been reported stolen.

Detectives also had two cars that they said are linked to Lorenzi towed from his residence.

Police also discovered a suitcase and clothing under a tarp in the bed of the pickup truck, but have not said who the items belong to.

Channel 4 Action News found Lorenzi has had past run-ins with the law.

Police said in 2008, Lorenzi forced his way into someone's home before assaulting and holding a person against their will.

He was charged with criminal trespass, aggravated assault, burglary, unlawful restraint and false imprisonment, but those charges were later withdrawn.

Lorenzi is being held in the Allegheny County Jail on $250,000 straight bond.

http://www.wtae.com/r/27378966/detail.html

---

2nd Man Questioned In West Mifflin Teen's Disappearance

PITTSBURGH -- A second man was taken into custody and is being questioned in a missing persons case.

Police said Thursday they are questioning Zach Zilles in the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend, Alivia Kail, 19, of West Mifflin, who has been missing since March 5.

Police said Zilles was taken into custody on an unrelated bench warrant on Thursday.

"I am not a suspect in the disappearance of Alivia,” Zilles said.

The arrest comes after another Pittsburgh man, who police had said is Kail's current boyfriend, was arrested on unrelated charges Wednesday night.

County police said they arrested Alex Lorenzi on drug and weapons charges. He covered his face as he was led out in handcuffs on his way to the Allegheny County Jail.

Detectives said they executed a search warrant at Lorenzi’s home in Pittsburgh's Esplen neighborhood on Wednesday night and found bags of marijuana, packaging for drugs, records of drug sales and a stolen handgun.

Two vehicles were also towed away to be searched as evidence.

Lorenzi is charged with receiving stolen property, possession and possession with intent to deliver.

Outside the house, Kail’s photo is posted everywhere except on the pole that stands in front of Lorenzi’s house. The photo had been ripped down, crumpled and thrown on the ground, Channel 11 reporter Renee Kaminski said.

Kail's friend, Brittany Huber, said she hopes the signs help find Kail.

"I think people are horrible," said Huber. "I feel horrible for her whole family. I pray for them all the time."

Huber said she doesn't know if Lorenzi is involved in Kail's disappearance but hopes he can provide police with information that will bring her home.

"He might know something. He was the last person that was with her. It just breaks my heart. She was like my sister and I just want her to come home," Huber said.

Kail was last seen leaving her brother's West Mifflin home on March 5. She told her family she was going to Florida with Lorenzi.

Lorenzi has a preliminary hearing scheduled for April 5.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/27378968/detail.html
you did great Barbi, thanks~~

could you post a link to her FB?

[Image: 27356631_640X480.jpg]

Police search garage of missing girl's boyfriend
Judge refuses to increase bond for boyfriend of missing Mount Washington woman
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
By Jonathan D. Silver and Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
As police scoured Alexander P. Lorenzi's garage in Esplen last week for signs of his girlfriend, they found shell casings, her pink tote and a sheet with a possible blood stain, according to a search warrant made public Tuesday.

Neither police nor prosecutors would say what they believe those items have to do with Alivia Kail, 19, of Mount Washington, who has been missing for more than a month.

But they tried unsuccessfully to argue before a judge Tuesday afternoon that the investigation, as well as fear that Mr. Lorenzi might flee, was reason enough to boost his bond on an unrelated drug case.

Ms. Kail was last seen March 4 as she packed to go to Florida with Mr. Lorenzi, who returned to Pittsburgh alone March 16. Three days later, Ms. Kail's family reported her missing.

Police executed at least three search warrants between March 30 and April 1 as they sought information about Ms. Kail.

They searched Mr. Lorenzi's Oregon Street residence and found marijuana, cocaine and a stolen gun.

Narcotics detectives returned with a second warrant for a more thorough search of the house and a pickup truck in the garage belonging to Mr. Lorenzi's father's company, Raymond Paul Lorenzi Excavating.

An affidavit for the truck indicates police found a shell casing from a .22-caliber pistol on the floor near the vehicle and two 9 mm casings inside a Shop-Vac. They also took a jewelry box with earrings, a Feb. 27 plane ticket to Fort Myers, Fla., and an airline gate pass for the same day.

In addition, according to testimony Tuesday before Allegheny Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey A. Manning, police seized a .22-caliber pistol, reported stolen from a home in Bethel Park, as well as a 9 mm pistol and what Allegheny County Detective Daniel Mayer described as an assault weapon.

"He's allowed to possess guns and firearms. The Second Amendment allows him to do that," said Mr. Lorenzi's attorney, Douglas Sughrue.

Inside the pickup, Detective Mayer said police found a cooler of food, the tote bag belonging to Ms. Kail and neatly folded clothing.

On Tuesday morning, District Judge Nathan Firestone ordered Mr. Lorenzi held for trial on drug and stolen-property charges at a preliminary hearing in City Court

Judge Firestone reduced Mr. Lorenzi's bond to $100,000 from $250,000 after Mr. Sughrue argued that the higher amount was punitive.

The district attorney's office objected, prompting a bail hearing before Judge Manning.

R. Bruce Linsenmayer, an assistant district attorney, argued for a higher bond because he said Mr. Lorenzi is a flight risk.

"You can't argue to me that we should hold him because he's a suspect" in the woman's disappearance, the judge countered.

Mr. Linsenmayer then said Mr. Lorenzi is a risk to flee because he's charged with serious drug offenses and police tracked his cell phone to Florida from March 9 to March 15.

A bail agency official also testified that Mr. Lorenzi, while never being convicted of a crime, has been arrested eight times and has failed to appear for court proceedings seven times.

Judge Manning ruled that the $100,000 bond was sufficient but ordered that Mr. Lorenzi be placed on electronic monitoring and restricted to Allegheny County should he make bond.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11096/1137268-53.stm
Zach Zilles

http://www.myspace.com/zzilles

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000...48&refid=0

Here is a link to her FB page, I hope it works. I can't see FB from the computer I am on. Interesting comments though. Only can see her ex BF ZZ on FB, haven't looked for AL yet, but he is not mentioned on her page anywhere.
Alexander P. Lorenzi
i don't see FB for him.

(04-06-2011, 09:31 AM)barbiexo Wrote: http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000...48&refid=0

Here is a link to her FB page, I hope it works. I can't see FB from the computer I am on. Interesting comments though. Only can see her ex BF ZZ on FB, haven't looked for AL yet, but he is not mentioned on her page anywhere.

her FB. i can't view wall or pics, i don't belong.

.jpg   173839_100001341083848_1042299_n.jpg (Size: 10.57 KB / Downloads: 151)

Dead
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
this is from FB, but I am not sure if I am doing this right. do I ALWAYS have to edit every name out and only put initials?

The following is from Alivia's FB

ZZ > Alivia Christine Kail
BABY...I LOVE YU WITH ALLLL MY HEART ALIVIA ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL I MISS YU SO MUCH SWEETHEART ILL NEVER BE OK WITHOUT YU LIV YUR MY PRINCESS!! I LOVE YU ALIVIA AAF!
Mar 31 at 1:36am · Like

KG are you the b/f she was with when she went missing?
Mar 31 at 10:00am · Like

ZZ no hes not her fuckin boyfriend the news reporters are idiots his names alex
Mar 31 at 10:09am · Like

ZZ me and liv been together for the past 3 years and a month before she went missing we broke up and she went with this kid alex lorenzi...hes the oneMar 31 at 10:10am · LikeK.xxx thanks .. that's really sad and i feel so bad for you i hope she's found safe and sound
Mar 31 at 10:10am · Like · 1

MB Was that Alex running drugs from Florida? It sure looks like he was.
Mar 31 at 3:52pm · Like · 1

KC I c now
Mar 31 at 4:25pm · Like

KS @ Zach i think alot of ppl think that u were the bf. that she was with b.c. of ur posts. so its good that u cleared that up with ur comment above. I Pray that everything is ok and she comes home safe...
Mar 31 at 4:39pm · Like

KRM just saw on news zach is now being questioned for her disappearance. Channel eleven. I hope they find her
Mar 31 at 5:57pm · Like

DM Yo u know u aint get along wit me and rome but were prayin for her man we hope to god u get ur baby bak
Mar 31 at 6:08pm · Like · 5

JV omg
Mar 31 at 6:10pm · Like

BH Just from watching the news now zach was arrested on un related charges, but is also being questioned, I wonder why ?
Mar 31 at 8:19pm · Like

KM i cant believe they arrested him!?! thats crazy
Mar 31 at 9:00pm · Like

BJB I thot they just questioned him.. didnt no they arrested him.
Mar 31 at 9:07pm · Like

KM yea he had a bench warrent it said..
Mar 31 at 9:08pm · Like

CTG god bless her and i hope she is found..i dont know any of you but i study up on all the missing persons and crime and feel for the families, my heart goes out to all of you and prayers are being sent from unseen friends..god bless you all in this time
Mar 31 at 10:26pm · Like

CC Zach did nothing wrong! He loves that girl more than life itself. Zach did everything he could to stop her from going to Florida with that faggot. Zach has been doing everything he can to help with this investigation. Who do you think put up missing flyer ads everywhere. Stay strong Zach. Liv is here in spirit she will protect you.
Mar 31 at 10:44pm · Like · 1

DM I thought dey arrested dat alex guy not zach
Mar 31 at 11:18pm · Like

CV They arrested them both
Apr 1 at 12:55am · Like

DM wow its clear who the main suspect is.... its bad enough he gotta go threw all dis stress now they arrest him...wtf
Apr 1 at 1:40am · Like

CC Who knows maybe z will c Alex in there and get what he needs to say out
Apr 1 at 12:26pm · Like
"do I ALWAYS have to edit every name out and only put initials?"

yes, unless they are named in mainstream media as principals.

I have went pretty far back in her facebook and from her status updates she seems really wild. I think she is only 19, but she seems to be out clubbing and drinking every other night.. I really don't think they will find her alive at this point..
Snipped from the news article at http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-...nd-s-truck.

"The clothes of missing Alivia Kail, 19, were found in the truck of her boyfriend's truck on Tuesday...Police searched Lorenzi's home on the 3000 block of Orange Street in Esplen with several search warrants. They found three spent shell casings, a pink tote bag filled with woman's clothes, earrings, fishnet stockings, a cooler with ice, sandwiches and miscellaneous food, in the truck that was parked in the garage. There was also a white sheet with a possible blood stain on it, and a plane ticket from Pittsburgh to Ft. Myers dated February 27...In the garage itself, police found two 9mm shell casings inside a vacuum and a .22-caliber casing on the garage floor...Alivia's mother identified the woman's clothes as her daughters."

what an asshole to save her clothes. and not get rid of all that evidence.

good.

Investigators have executed at least seven search warrants in the past week on various vehicles and property associated with the boyfriend of Alivia Kail, a Mount Washington teenager who disappeared more than a month ago under mysterious circumstances.

An eighth search warrant executed by Bethel Park police sought a DNA sample from the cheek of the boyfriend, Alexander P. Lorenzi, 22, of Esplen, in connection with a 2009 assault and home invasion in which a handgun was stolen and blood was left behind by one of the assailants.

That firearm was recovered by Allegheny County Police detectives last week from Mr. Lorenzi's home on Oregon Street when they searched the premises for information about Ms. Kail.

Police have not said whether they believe Ms. Kail, 19, is alive, what might have happened to her, or what role they think Mr. Lorenzi might have played in her disappearance, if any.

The search warrants for Mr. Lorenzi's home, his leased car, and three vehicles owned by his family seek DNA evidence of Ms. Kail, her personal belongings and ballistic evidence.

A search began for Ms. Kail after her family reported her missing March 19 to West Mifflin police.

Her sister, Camille Miller, told police she last saw Ms. Kail leaving their brother's West Mifflin home March 5 in a red Ford Explorer registered to Mr. Lorenzi's father. The brother, Lance Kail, told police she was going to Florida with Mr. Lorenzi.

Ms. Miller informed detectives that the sport utility vehicle was parked in a South Side lot on Bradish Street.

Police said Mr. Lorenzi was seen back in Pittsburgh on March 16; there has been no sign of Ms. Kail.

Mr. Lorenzi's attorney, Douglas Sughrue, claimed Wednesday in an interview that the family had provided false information that the police knowingly used in order to obtain a search warrant.

"That Ford Explorer is impossible to operate for the last two years. I'm not going to tell you why. Ask the police. They know why," Mr. Sughrue said.

Asked why police would include incorrect information in a sworn affidavit, Mr. Sughrue said, "Because they want all the information they [can] get and they don't care how accurate it is, so they can execute search warrants."

County police declined comment.

Ms. Kail's mother, Christine DiDiano, said Wednesday she did not have information on the Ford Explorer or what her daughter told police, but she bristled at the suggestion that the family was lying.

"No one is lying to police. No, absolutely not," Ms. Didiano said. "Bottom line is he [Alex] holds the key to my daughter's whereabouts and what has been done to her . . . Her clothes are at his house . . . Well where is she?"

Inside a truck parked in Mr. Lorenzi's garage police found a pink tote filled with clothing that was identified by Ms. Kail's family as belonging to her.

Mr. Sughrue said that Ms. Kail accompanied Mr. Lorenzi to Florida by plane in late February and returned with him around March 3. Asked whether she was with Mr. Lorenzi after that date, he would not say.

In searching Mr. Lorenzi's leased car, police found a bottle of bleach on the rear seat, two cell phone chargers and a pink stuffed animal.

Police said Mr. Lorenzi made conflicting statements to relatives and friends about Ms. Kail. None of those statements, however, were apparently made to police.

Detectives characterized Mr. Lorenzi as uncooperative, but Mr. Sughrue disputed that.

"We have been cooperating. We have been open, and we hope to be more so in the future," he said.

Mr. Sughrue declined to say whether he or his client knew where Ms. Kail was or whether anything happened to her.

"That's gonna be between us and law enforcement when we work out the details to talk," Mr. Sughrue said.

In the Bethel Park case, detectives have been searching for two men who entered a home on Milford Drive in January 2009 seeking drugs and guns.

They made off with "numerous firearms" and a small amount of marijuana, the search warrant affidavit said.

The men, who were wearing ski masks, beat a female victim, fracturing her skull.

Bethel Park police wrote that Mr. Lorenzi "matches the general physical description" of one of the attackers.

A detective obtained Mr. Lorenzi's DNA sample while he was being processed at the Allegheny County Jail on charges related to the stolen gun and drugs found March 30 at his Esplen home.

Bethel Park police Chief John Mackey could not be reached for comment on the home invasion case.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11097/1137725-100.stm
(04-08-2011, 08:49 AM)barbiexo Wrote: "That's gonna be between us and law enforcement when we work out the details to talk," Mr. Sughrue said.

"My client is a guilty, murdering bastard and we are working a plea deal because he was caught."

PITTSBURGH -- The boyfriend of a missing Mount Washington woman is now a free man after being held for several weeks at the Allegheny County Jail.

A spokesman for the District Attorney's Office said Alex Lorenzi was released Wednesday after posting $100,000 bond. He was being held on drug charges, unrelated to the disappearance of Alivia Kail.

Lorenzi will be required to wear a monitoring device.

..full story
http://www.wtae.com/r/27871295/detail.html
When I read about this case right after she went missing it seems that Zach was her long time BR but broke up a month or two before meeting the drug dealer. Seems she might have been hanging around someone for what he could give her as she was def a party girl. She went with this guy on a whim and barely knew him. I checked out friends FB sites that were public and this is the impression I got. I think she either Od'd
or she got jealous/pissed off over something that happened down south and being very young she prolly threatened this thug with outing him to LE or whomever and he offed her. Dumb, young girls, too stupid to listen and of course they know everything. What could go wrong on a free trip to MIA, with a low level drug dealer, hmmmm, let's see...
The boyfriend of a Mt. Washington woman who has been missing since March has been charged with beating a friend's dog to death while the animal was left in his care.

The list of charges against Alexander P. Lorenzi, 23, grew to include multiple drug violations and assaulting a police officer when detectives went to arrest him on Saturday, according to court documents.

The incidents that led to the most recent charges against Lorenzi began Aug. 10 when Samantina Perri left her dog, Armani, at Lorenzi's home on Caledonia Way, according to police.

When she returned, the dog was dead, police said. The woman's father, Samuel Perri, took the dog to a veterinarian who determined that the animal died of recent blunt-force trauma to the kidney and had suffered internal bleeding.

Pittsburgh police learned about the dog's death when they were called to the home for an altercation between Lorenzi and Samuel Perri, court documents show.

Detectives who went to Lorenzi's home to arrest him on animal cruelty charges, found him standing near a pickup in the garage. When Lorenzi spotted the officers, he dumped a bag of suspected cocaine and a bag containing about $6,000 in cash on the floor, and pushed one of the detectives, police said

LINK:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...51920.html

or another link with different info:
http://www.wpxi.com/news/28882709/detail.html
Sounds like a real nice guy...