Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard and the parents
I don't have a strong opinion about what happened to Maddie.

She shouldn't have been alone with other little ones in that room; that I feel strongly about. It was neglectful. Even though "abduction" isn't something that would necessarily enter a parent's mind naturally from a resort hotel room, any number of other foreseeable tragedies could have occurred as a result of leaving those kids without adult supervision.

Did she die because her parents over-drugged her, causing them to embark on a huge cover-up to avoid criminal liability -- and then, worse -- to launch a huge public campaign to profit from their child's death? That, I don't know. They would truly have to be sociopathic to do so, IMO.

The reported cadaver dog hits bother me. But, it was reported that cadaver dogs hit at Lisa Irwin's house after her mom claims she was abducted and no charges were filed. Did they really hit? I don't know how well the original Portuguese investigators handled the case. I could see the parents going into defensive mode if they knew they were being targeted, whether they were innocent or guilty.

Would the British and Portuguese police continue investing time and money on this case if they had proof the parents were responsible and covering-up? I don't see why, unless the McCanns are way more powerful and connected than I'm aware.

IDK. If the new investigation is objective and the McCanns are guilty, maybe it will eventually lead right back to them or they'll slip up. If they're not guilty, I'd sure like to see whoever took Madeleine brought to justice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard and the parents - by HairOfTheDog - 03-21-2014, 11:41 AM