Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Katherine Phillips--Amber Alert, 4 month infant, Michigan
i am listening to the local scanner.

phillips has asked to speak to a Detective with his lawyer present. :(

hmmmm...wonder why the mom lost custody.

facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/BabyKatePhillips

LUDINGTON, Mich. (WOOD) - Katherine Phillips' mother received some "potentially good news (that) gives (her) hope the baby is still alive," she told 24 Hour News 8 on Friday evening.

Ariel Courtland wouldn't go into any more details on what that news entails.

Katherine -- or baby Kate, as she's known -- has a grandmother who knows her kidnapping suspect well. She can't believe he would ever hurt her granddaughter.

"I wouldn't think he would be capable of that, but as days go on, you start to wonder," said Deb Courtland, baby Kate's maternal grandmother.

Courtland can hear the search helicopters from her home near Scottville, where her daughter, Ariel, grew up. Ariel is Kate's mother, although it's not confirmed whether suspect Sean Phillips is the 4-month-old's father. He was supposed to take a court-ordered DNA swab test to determine paternity Wednesday, the same day Kate vanished.

An Amber Alert was issued later that night, and remains active.

"I don't know why anybody would want to hurt something that beautiful," Deb Courtland said.

Her daughter started dating 21-year-old Phillips about five years ago, when she was 14. Ariel was 16 when she had her first baby.

"He was a wonderful father to Haley," Courtland said. "He always has been. I never had no gripes about the way he took care of Haley, and he always seemed OK when I seen him with Kate."

In a custody dispute over Haley, court records show a judge found Phillips should get primary custody. He was about to lose that, but only because he was about to be deployed to Afghanistan for the Army National Guard.

"They really never broke up," Courtland said. "I mean, they've had their differences and go separate for a few days and that, but I think they've always been together."

Kate was born Feb. 12 of this year, and Ariel gave her Phillips' last name, even though he denied he was the father.

maternal grandmother:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katherine Phillips--Amber Alert, 4 month infant, Michigan - by Lady Cop - 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM