Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio - missing/murdered
John Carter interview, continued. The reporters questions are hard to hear.

Reporter: "So what's the timeline, what time did you leave her from hanging out that night?"

Carter: (Left hand touches left side of face and head) "I left, I left at around eleven, eleven-thirty something like that."

Reporter: "Saturday night?"

Carter: "Saturday night, yes."

Reporter: "Then, um, you were like running errands for your trip?"

Carter: "I um, um, to be honest she wanted me to burn some legal documents for her. She didn't want anyone to get them out of the trash or anything like and, uh, she doesn't have a fire pit. So I was going to my friend's house to burn those documents and it was just bills and her class schedules and stuff like that. Just stuff that she didn't want anyone to take and find out."

Reporter: "Things you would normally shred."

Carter: "Exactly." (Pushes glasses up with right hand)

Reporter: "And what time did you get the text photo from her?"

Carter: (Touches right side of nose with right hand) "Uh I got it, I remember looking at it, it said twelve fifty-two but to be honest, those photos come in so slowly it could've been way earlier than that that she sent it, and I just got it at twelve fifty-two, you know." (Right hand touches right ear)

Reporter: "What was it a photo of?"

Carter: It was just a picture of her. I can, I can pull it up, it's on my phone."

Reporter: What was she doing and where was she, do you know?"

Carter: "She was at her house, she was about to go to bed, um."

Reporter: "Can you tell us a little bit about her, she had two jobs, right? She was a student."

Carter: (Messing with his phone to pull-up the last message Katelyn sent) "This is the last message. And it was just this picture of her and it was a picture her boss took from her co-op job. And, uh, she just wanted to show it to me. And, uh, I don't know if I can turn it sideways." (Turns phone sideways) "That." (Right hand touches right ear) "Yeah, uh sorry, I just that, that was the last thing she sent." (Shrugs shoulders and smiles briefly) "Um, other than that she was like, uh, the messages before it were ya know, I just wrote, 'I just burned them, blah, blah, blah.' And she was like, 'I kinda wanted to be there to see it, blah, blah, blah.' (Right hand touches left side of face and digs in the left ear) And, I, uh, and then you know she sent me that picture message after that and nothing." (Shrugs shoulders) "Just nothing. And I assumed she was asleep at the time, I mean it's of course."

I believe he did burn the documents. If his friend was at his home with the fire pit, JC establishes an alibi for the time he claims he left. How does JC know that Katelyn is at her house when she texts him? He just says that she texts that she wanted to be there when he burned the documents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by JsMom - 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by kfran - 08-21-2011, 08:02 AM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by Cheyne - 08-24-2011, 01:32 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by JsMom - 08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by The Observer - 08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by Adub - 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by hanim - 08-29-2011, 05:51 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by hanim - 08-29-2011, 07:35 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by hanim - 08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by kittykane - 08-30-2011, 01:24 AM
RE: Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio missing. - by Nina - 09-02-2011, 04:35 PM