Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme
(09-21-2011, 11:28 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 11:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 08:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: He needs to eat shit and die if he thinks making me work longer will get his ass in the whitehouse.

I hear what you're saying and I agree.

But, I do think that part of what makes the current SS program unsustainable moving forward is the fact that people live longer than they did when SS was first implemented. There are other problems too, of course. But, a fundamental challenge to the current program is that SS recipients are expected to live and draw benefits for a much longer time than was the case under FDR. So, it's pay for the same number of years (unless you raise the qualifying age), but benefit for 5 to 8 years longer than the program originally intended. I don't see how it can't work fiscally.

The program must change for the sake of younger and middle-aged workers, imo. Without changes, the well will run dry. I think, however, that people who have already been paying for a certain number of advanced years or have already reached a certain age should not be disadvantage by any future changes to the program. There needs to be a fair transition strategy from the existing program to the new program, whatever the new program entails.

That's stupid, I don't think the plan included caveats for if you live longer.

It's all just a way for them to hide the money they stole from the plan.

It's a way for them to screw you, they know it doesn't matter 4 years and they get a full retirement paid directly from you also.

These fuckers need to stop fucking with the little guys.

and people like you need to stop fucking acting like you know anything about anything, what you're saying is it's ok to steal every working americans money and then give us an extra 5 years on the rock pile.

fuck that, they did the crime let them do their own time.

You make absolutely no sense Dick. You're calling my reasoning stupid and agreeing with it at the same time. Either you think I'm as stupid as you (shudder), or you don't comprehend well.

I said the original plan did not take into account that the average life span would increase dramatically. You call that stupid because it agrees with your reasoning that the original plan didn't offer any caveats for those that would be longer than expected. Hello, dickshine, same concept.

I believe you have to adapt the program to the current situation. Lower birthrates (fewer people paying into the pot) and longer lifespans (current recipients drawing from the pot for longer than planned) = a problem. The program needs to be changed. In so doing, those that are currently drawing benefits or have been paying into the program for years and are closer to the original retirement age should not be disadvantaged by upcoming changes. That means you would not likely be negatively impacted by a change in any way. But, keep whining...

I'm not an expert on the subject. But, at least I know whether I am agreeing or disagreeing with someone before I post. So, make your point or STFU.

P.s.
I posted upthread, I think future retirement contributions should be personalized or privatized. The government should not be in charge of retirement planning and investments. Then, the risk of robbing Peter to pay Paul is minimized if you manage your investment and broker wisely. Maybe that's different than your thinking and something you're actually qualified to debate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme - by twistofcain - 09-20-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme - by HairOfTheDog - 09-22-2011, 12:04 AM