Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PASTA!
who doesn't like pasta?
there are pasta recipes in the "old" soupy chicken thread, but i thought since we have a kitchen now, i start one for pasta dishes.

this thread is dedicated to that Italian meatball MF (Frank) ~

one of my favorites i call rasta pasta because it has red, green and yellow peppers cut up into it. it's simple but can be served to guests.

[Image: 36639-rasta-4.jpg]

i use fettuccine rather than spaghetti

i saute some nice big shrimp in olive oil, plenty of fresh garlic, the chopped-up colorful peppers, a pint of heavy cream, a serious grinding of pepper, a bit of sea salt, and once it thickens somewhat, pour it over the hot pasta. voila! easy and yummy!

if desired, sprinkle with some parmesan.

[Image: 01finished_pasta_2.jpg]

[Image: Italian-Seafood-Pasta.jpeg]

That looks like a great tasting dish. Cook that shrimp in garlic and olive oil.
86 112
Damn that was fast!!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-25-2011, 11:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: Damn that was fast!!!

garlic breath is never late for dinner. hah

That's my kinda recipe! I love me some shrimps.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It does look good. Will have to hang onto that one for future reference.
Ina Garten's Shrimp Linguine ~ FANTASTIC!

Vegetable oil
Kosher salt
1 12 pounds linguine
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
5 tablespoons good olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
2 pounds large shrimp (about 32 shrimp), peeled and deveined
12 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
34 cup chopped fresh parsley
Grated zest of 1 lemon
12 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
12 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
14 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes

Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.

Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper and sauté until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.

When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i love any rich fattening disgusting coronary-inducing fettuccine alfredo too. 70

[Image: 3725871554_6711319f70.jpg]

I've had shrimps on my mind ever since I first read the recipes...it's so intense this morning that I smell them steaming...with Old Bay.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-27-2011, 06:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I've had shrimps on my mind ever since I first read the recipes...it's so intense this morning that I smell them steaming...with Old Bay.

i better do a seafood thread. Smiley_emoticons_bussi

Until today nobody knows who came up with that idea, but NEVER put any sort of oil into the water you boil your pasta in.

Just water and salt, basta!
(10-30-2011, 12:36 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Until today nobody knows who came up with that idea, but NEVER put any sort of oil into the water you boil your pasta in.

Just water and salt, basta!

I shamefully used to do that. Someone told me it made the pasta not stick. Not true, of course, it just makes the sauce not stick to the pasta. The oil just floats on top of the water.

Stirring makes the pasta not stick together.

How do you make your sauce, Mo? Tomato based or cream based?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Sauce for what?

There are a million ways to base! But really depends on the pasta and mood. Nowadays am less into cream, something that seems to happen with age strangely enough, and only once in a while am I going for a nice mushroom cream or carbonara, but mostly it's tomato and olive oil based.

I just love versions of Aglio e'Olio with very thin stripes of chicken, sun dried tomatoes and seafood perhaps.

But Parmeggiano is a must. No pasta without Parmeggiano! Or else I'll cry.
I hate parmesan on my pasta.

I reminds of the smell of my old rugby socks which were rank.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Parmesan is foul.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

HEATHENS! grated cheese is essential!

Dating back to ancient Roman times, Pecorino Romano is one of the world's oldest recorded cheeses. Pecorino is an Italian word meaning from sheep's milk, and Romano indicates that this cheese is of Roman descent. All Pecorino Romano is made in either Lazio, Tuscany, or Sardinia during the months between November and June. These three regions have very similar pastures and breeds of sheep, ensuring consistent flavor and quality. Pecorino Romano is a name protected (DOC) cheese whose production is overseen by the Consorzio per la Tulela del Formaggio Pecorino Romano. There are numerous Pecorinos made throughout Italy, but only one Pecorino Romano. Perhaps the most famous brand for Pecorino Romano in the US is Locatelli. Aged for a minimum of 9 months, this cheese is hard and dense; strong and sharp in flavor. It is pale yellow in color with a black paper rind bearing the name Locatelli. Grate this cheese then serve it over pasta, salads, Garlic Bread and soups.
The whole production should come from a restricted area - according to the law that on 1955 defined the standard of this cheese: the provinces of Modena, Parma and Reggio Emilia and partially Bologna and Mantova.
It is in fact due also to the geographical position of the production zone that the Parmigiano Reggiano is a cheese absolutely unique and impossible to imitate.
Even the name itself shows the close link with the surrounding areas: the towns of Parma and Reggio Emilia.
The Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, was founded back in 1934, it incorporates the dairies producing the homonymous cheese. Its offices are in Reggio Emilia and there are Provincial Divisions in Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Mantova and Bologna.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4275]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4274]

Yuck.

You may as well just pumice stone the dry skin on your feet onto your pasta.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(10-31-2011, 02:38 PM)ESAD Wrote: Parmesan is foul.

And now I wonder just what sort of song carried you thru this tragedy in your life.

I don't even need the pasta, I can just eat Parmigiano Reggiano all by itself.
(10-31-2011, 03:10 PM)Mohammed Wrote:
(10-31-2011, 02:38 PM)ESAD Wrote: Parmesan is foul.

And now I wonder just what sort of song carried you thru this tragedy in your life.

Do you rekon you can take your nose out of my asscrack for 5 minutes raghead? starting to wonder about you, dirty lil raggo.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile