Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Seafood!
do you like seafood? fish from the ocean or freshwater? crustaceans~ lobster and crabs? shrimp? clams and oysters? calamari?

how do you cook yours?

share your favorites here, and fish stories too.
[Image: abyssal-fish-football-fish.gif]

[Image: fish001.gif]

[Image: langoustes-03.gif]

[Image: 12eat1-articleLarge-v2.jpg]

I love shrimps...that's all I know.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-28-2011, 03:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I love shrimps...that's all I know.

have you ever bought them whole? i used to buy them right off the shrimp boats in florida, but they were whole and i had to rip their little heads off. they would go eeeeeeeeeeeek! hah

[Image: Shrimp.gif]

No! Do you think I could rip the heads off?! No! I don't even hangout in the kitchen when he's steaming crabs. Gawd. I go to the seafood market & say I want that & that, they wrap it up & I'm on my way.
Whenever we get chinese takeaway I always order something with king prawns.

At home I like to do haddock or plaice fillets grilled in foil, my wife does a very good fish pie (chunks of fish fillet in creamy cheese sauce topped with whipped potatos).
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I like to butterfly the shrimp, stuff them with cream cheese and fresh jalapenos, sprinkle them with Old Bay and then wrap in bacon and broil them.
i moved this over from the ginger cookie thread--->

here are two worth posting...my Mom always made these delicious Maryland crabcakes ( i grew up in Maryland).

[Image: top10_crabcakes_s4x3_lg.jpg]

[Image: 300659-Crab-Cakes.jpg]

Maryland Style Crab Cakes

Ingredients:

1 tbsp minced basil

3 tbsp mayonnaise

1 egg

¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp mustard

2 tbsp bread crumbs

1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning or seafood spice (this is to taste, use less if you don’t want the spice)

12 oz crabmeat, drained, flaked and checked for shells

4 tbsp olive oil

Preparation:

1. Mix together basil, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and seasoning.

2. Add crabmeat to mixture and toss lightly

3. Form crab into round patties. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Chill the patties in the freezer for 15 minutes, this will help them stay together when cooking

4. In medium-sized skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Place 2-3 crab cakes in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.

5. Garnish with tartar sauce or lemon. Serve and enjoy!

**Cook’s note. Please be careful, as hot oil will splatter when the crab cakes are placed in the hot skillet to be cooked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
loved this in Miami!

Latin-style Shrimp
Serves 4

12 large shrimp, cleaned and peeled
12 cup dark rum
1 sprig rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
12 cup of chopped cilantro, chives or basil
1 heaping tablespoon sweet chili sauce
12 slices prosciutto
2 limes cut into wedges
2 cups plain yogurt

In a large bowl, mix the rum, rosemary, sweet chili, garlic, and chives. Add the shrimp and allow to marinate for two to four hours. Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap the prosciutto around each shrimp. Impale three shrimp on a single skewer. Place them on the grill for about two minutes for each side, or until they become pink.

Arrange on a plate, add lime wedges, yogurt and sprinkle with chopped cilantro, chives or basil.

[Image: FNL%20grill%20drunken%20shrimp.jpg]

(10-28-2011, 03:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

I love shrimps...

Have you been hanging out with black people again, Duchess?

Every time I go to the seafood market there is always at least one fat black lady in there who says "I'm gonna go home and eat me some shrimps". White people just call them shrimp.

(10-31-2011, 10:12 AM)sally Wrote: Have you been hanging out with black people again, Duchess?

hah I don't know where I picked that up & it's been so long since I've been in the company of a black person that I can't even recall when it was.

I'm getting ready to go catch some small desert lobsters.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(10-31-2011, 10:40 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm getting ready to go catch some small desert lobsters.

what's that, scorpions? [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCQ_dSsEsCuaLTop6RvYf...3WGeNpfjIQ]

(10-31-2011, 10:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:

You're in the seafood and fish thread tool.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

*shrugs* Doesn't keep me from not giving a fuck.
(10-31-2011, 11:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

*shrugs* Doesn't keep me from not giving a fuck.

Of course not.

but it also doesn't keep you from being a tool.

John Adams

You're the king of all tards, dipshit.
Lobster, and crab are favorites. Steamed clams are right up there as well.
Once, when my brother & his wife were up in Maine, or somewhere there, that came home with a cooler of lobsters packed in dry ice and we have a great picnic when they got back.
One of the best things is live seafood. Sadly in Asia it is also a huge market, resulting in whole reefs being sprayed with Cyanide, which sort of knocks out the fish so the divers can put them alive in their nets, but also kills the rest of the reef.

Anyway, if you live in an area where the catch is still moving, it's fucking fabulous. We where taking out about 1000kg of live Blue Crabs every day from the ocean, putting them straight into the steaming pots next to the beach while they where moving, and it's the best breakfast ever!

A funny and very popular dish in Asia is "Drunken Prawns".

You take live Prawns and chuck them into a pot with Brandy for a few minutes. That's where the "Drunk" comes from. After that you put them onto a fire in that same pot with the Brandy and heat them up. Flambee them a little bit, eh voila, ready.

Peel and eat.

I've never seen crab prepared any other way than steamed alive. I live on a peninsula & seafood is huge here. We had fresh tuna steaks the other night, I didn't prepare it though, I would have overcooked it or done something else to ruin it. Smiley_emoticons_slash
This one is pretty tasty;

1 cup chopped Walnuts (not black ones, too bitter)
1 cup Grabe B Maple Syrup
1 lime
1 large Salmon filet

The walnuts need to be finely chopped, mixed with the syrup and lime juice.
Put the fish on a cookie pan with sides, not a flat baking sheet, skin side down
Spoon the mixture evenly over the salmon and slide it in the oven @350, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, a 1" filet will be done in about 12 minutes, takes a couple for the pan to heat up.
Wonderfull stuff served with steamed Brocolli and a nice chilled Voignier and candle light