Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bianca Jones, 2 - Detroit. father charged with murder
(12-06-2011, 10:22 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: FOXDetroit.com Staff

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - In an interview with FOX 2's Ronnie Dahl, D'Andre Lane says the disappearance of Bianca Jones is "too much to bare."

i guess Fox motor city reporters do the news naked.

[Image: dandre_lane_20111206_20111206081824_640_480.JPG]

[Image: bilde?Site=C4&Date=20111202&Category=NEW...carjacking]
the sketch looks like him!
good luck. baby is in the river i think. or it's almost impossible in such a shithole area.

FREEP

Detroit police plan to search through Sunday for 2-year-old Bianca Jones and are seeking more volunteers to help.

Volunteers are asked to gather 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today and Saturday at Metropolitan United Methodist Church, 8000 Woodward in Detroit, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at the Detroit Police Central District station, 7310 Woodward.

Hundreds of volunteers have been assisting police in the search for Bianca, who was reported missing last week. Wayne County sheriff's deputies joined the search Thursday and are expected to continue to work with volunteers through Sunday.

[Image: 35547428001_1316923673001_ari-origin07-a...5547428001]

So I am looking out over that river right now and I just cannot think of her in there. The river has a strong undercurrent, who knows where she may end up poor baby.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

CLICKONDETROIT -

An effort using hundreds of volunteers to search for a 2-year-old Detroit girl reportedly taken in a carjacking has been suspended.

Police say about 138 volunteers searched Sunday for Bianca Jones. In all, around 1,100 people over seven days helped city and state police, Detroit firefighters and the FBI search abandoned houses, fields and alleys in neighborhoods.

D'Andre Lane told police Bianca was in a rear car seat when the vehicle was taken at gunpoint Dec. 2. The car was found a short time later, but the girl wasn't in it.

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee has said "the authenticity and credibility of the original version of events" are "under intense scrutiny" from detectives.

clickon detroit.com

DETROIT -

There is evidence that 2-year-old Detroit girl Bianca Jones will not be found alive, sources close to the investigation told the Local 4 Defenders.

Sources said investigators have searched Lane’s home on Mitchell Street with cadaver dogs, which did return a positive hit for signs of decomposition. Although the little girl is still missing, sources said the search for her has turned from a rescue to a recovery effort.

Poor baby :( still hoping she is not in the river.

Didn't one of the reports say he dropped his nephew off at school that same morning and the nephew said Bianca was in the car.....? If she was I guess she was already dead, I'm sure they asked him if she was 'sleeping'
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

he better face it, he's probably going back to prison. for good.

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Action News has learned cadaver dogs picked up the scent of human remains in two locations during the investigation into the disappearance of two-year-old Bianca Jones.

Sources tell us a dog signaled there was human decomposition on or near Bianca's car seat found in the Mercury Marquis where the missing girl's father, D'Andre Lane, says she was last seen alive.

Lane claims he was carjacked at gunpoint on December 2nd and that Bianca was in her car seat in the back of the vehicle when it was stolen. When the Marquis was found by police a short time later only a few blocks from the scene of the alleged crime, Bianca was nowhere to be found.

Cadaver dogs also indicated they picked up human remains last week during an FBI raid at Lane's home on Detroit's east side.

[Image: Cadever_dogs_signal_inbcc2f79e-fb35-4fec...40_480.JPG]

A decision won't be made this week...?? huh Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

DETROIT - Sources confirm to FOX 2 that cadaver dogs searching for missing Detroit toddler Bianca Jones picked up the scent of human remains inside her father's home.

D'Andre Lane, 32, reported his daughter missing Dec. 2, claiming he was the victim of a carjacking and the two-year-old was abducted with the vehicle. The car was found later without Bianca in the rear seat.

Sources say the dog picked up the scent during last week's search inside Lane's Detroit home, increasing fears that the little girl may not be alive.

On Tuesday, Maria Miller, spokesperson for the Wayne County Prosecutor's office, confirmed the office received a warrant request from Detroit police in connection with the disappearance of Bianca. The prosecutor is reveiwing the request for permission to arrest someone, but Miller says a decision won't be made this week. The prosecutor's office also says no further comments will be made this week.

A volunteer search for Bianca, which has involved more than 1,100 people, ended Sunday without any sign of her, but police said the investigation was far from over.

"The search for her is not being turned off at all ... it'll just be taking a different path," Detroit Police second deputy chief Melvin Turner told FOX 2.

Lane was taken into custody shortly after reporting the incident and spent a weekend in jail being held on misdemeanor charges before being released last Monday. "It's their job to focus on all leads and I'm the easiest target right now," Lane told FOX 2 . "I just wish they'd focus on finding the right person."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/loc...r-20111213

well he'll be sweating while he's probably on his way to mexico. i guess they are watching him, there was some reason this was released in advance.

FREEP

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office has received a warrant request from the Detroit Police Department in connection with the disappearance of 2-year-old Bianca Jones, but neither agency will discuss the charges or who they will be issued against.

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Maria Miller sent an announcement about the warrant request just after 11 a.m. today.

“The warrant request is being reviewed and there will not be any decision made this week,” Miller wrote. “We will not comment any further regarding this matter this week.”

Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens, the department’s spokeswoman, said that investigators will not disclose the subject of the warrant and whether it may be Bianca’s father, the last person reported to be seen with the little girl.

“I’ve been advised it’s an ongoing investigation,” Stephens said. She said a task force made up of DPD officers and investigators from the Michigan State Police and the FBI are still actively involved in the case.

Surprise surprise, the warrant is for the daddy!!! Prison

CLICK ON DETROIT -
Local 4 has learned that the warrant request submitted by Detroit police to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office in the case of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones is against her father.

The office confirmed Tuesday it had received the request but had not made a decision on it.

it's my opinion that the warrant story was leaked intentionally to get him to flee, bolt, panic, confess in hopes of a deal, or show his hand.

Bianca's mom is on the phone with nancy grace right now, and she is covering for his sorry ass. she is evasive and lying.
she won't say whether she has talked to him (HUH?? you don't talk to the man who had your child when he was 'carjacked'???) Bullshit
i don't know why she is covering for him, but she is. this stinks.

oh and d'andre said the baby will have bruises on her legs and was sick. but she says she knows nothing about that either. what does she need, for him to draw her a picture? like his sketch of the carjacker who wanted a crappy old 2004 merc??

i suppose it is possible she and the police are running a game on him, but i don't think she's that smart or sophisticated.

Aah we finally hear what the nephew said to LE about that morning.... He said Bianca was awke when put in the car... Would a 15 year old lie for his uncle?
If indeed that is the case then somthing happened between 8am and 9.55am when DL called the cops.

Click on Detroit
The 15-year-old nephew of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones' father, Dandre Lane, said he was with Lane the morning Bianca went missing. Treveon Lane said he was with his uncle Dandre Lane, Bianca and two other children the night before and the morning when Bianca was reported missing by her father. Treveon Lane said he had just met Bianca earlier that week. He said the FBI, not the police, confronted him with questions about the case. "(Bianca) was good. She was normal," Treveon Lane said. "My uncle carried her to the car, and my little cousin buckled her up. She was awake." Dandre Lane has told police that he was carjacked at gunpoint the morning of Dec. 2. Bianca was in the car and was taken by carjackers, Lane told police. Treveon Lane said his uncle took him home at 8 a.m. that morning. At 9:55 a.m., Dandre Lane called 911 to report the carjacking and that his daughter Bianca had been taken. On Monday, sources told the Local 4 there was evidence Bianca would not be found alive.

[quote='Jezreel' pid='209507' dateline='1323909876']
Aah we finally hear what the nephew said to LE about that morning.... He said Bianca was awke when put in the car... Would a 15 year old lie for his uncle?
If indeed that is the case then somthing happened between 8am and 9.55am when DL called the cops.

Click on Detroit
The 15-year-old nephew of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones' father, Dandre Lane, said he was with Lane the morning Bianca went missing. Treveon Lane said he was with his uncle Dandre Lane, Bianca and two other children the night before and the morning when Bianca was reported missing by her father. Treveon Lane said he had just met Bianca earlier that week. He said the FBI, not the police, confronted him with questions about the case. "(Bianca) was good. She was normal," Treveon Lane said. "My uncle carried her to the car, and my little cousin buckled her up. She was awake." Dandre Lane has told police that he was carjacked at gunpoint the morning of Dec. 2. Bianca was in the car and was taken by carjackers, Lane told police. Treveon Lane said his uncle took him home at 8 a.m. that morning. At 9:55 a.m., Dandre Lane called 911 to report the carjacking and that his daughter Bianca had been taken. On Monday, sources told the Local 4 there was evidence Bianca would not be found alive.
[/quote
If she was awake then how is it that decomposition was found in the home? he is covering for him. jmo
(12-16-2011, 09:47 AM)sharit Wrote: If she was awake then how is it that decomposition was found in the home? he is covering for him. jmo

I am hearing that in the beginning the 15 yr old said that she was sleeping, I don’t know how true that is as I have just read that on the blogs on the new sites, not an actual MSM report. If that is the case then he has changed his story and is definitely covering. Would explain the hit in both places that dogs had.
I have also read that the 7 yr old in the home (one of his other children) who witnessed DL disciplining (beating) Bianca with a homemade paddle for a potty accident became very distraught when police were questioning her as she was unsure if Bianca was responsive afterwards that police ended the interview with her.
Who disciplines their child with a paddle or anything for a potty accident, Bianca is 2 yrs old, so there are bound to be accidents, I would think that would make a child scared to go to potty ever again.

I am a first time mum and my girl is 19 mths old, she has just started the whole potty thing, she tells me when she needs to go, but I think she mostly says it so she can run around naked (she is not a fan of diapers) needless to say there have been a few accidents on the floors, maybe I’m soft but the last thing I would do would be to yell or spank her or anything for that. IMO if he gets mad over something small like that, I don’t think it would take much to really get him going!!
Poor Bianca, she was probably so scared of this big man she barely knew yelling and whacking her with a paddle, makes me so mad!!

Nothing really new on lilttle Bianca, Christmas came and went with no news, she is not on the front page of any paper. I found this article from December 26, now it is said that Bianca was covered with a blanket and daddy told his other daughter that she was sleeping and not to disturb her.

Detroit Free Press - Bianca Jones has been missing for more than three weeks, but her family refuses to give up hope of finding the toddler alive and well.

But as time passes and details of the investigation surface, the outcome is looking bleaker.

"With each passing day, it's getting harder and harder," said Kelly Jones, Bianca's aunt, "but we're leaning on each other for strength."

Bianca's father, D'Andre Lane, 32, reported he was carjacked Dec. 2 by a gunman who drove off with the 2-year-old inside. The car was found just blocks away. Police have scrutinized Lane's account, and he failed a polygraph test.

A warrant request has been submitted to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, but a charging decision isn't expected until the new year. Details of the request, including its target and what charges are being sought, have not been released.

Meanwhile, disturbing details in the case are emerging: A cadaver dog, trained to detect human decomposition, alerted its handler to spots in a bedroom at Lane's house, in his car and on Bianca's car seat and blanket, a source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press.

Lane's attorney said his client is depressed and longs for his daughter's safe return.

The question remains: Where is Bianca?

Suspicion falls on Bianca Jones' father, D'Andre Lane
D'Andre Lane has not been charged in his daughter's disappearance.

But new details in the investigation show police quickly zeroed in on Lane and have questioned his account of what happened the morning of Dec. 2 when his 2-year-old daughter went missing.

Lane told police he was carjacked near his home in Detroit while he was driving to the home of Bianca's mother to get some clothing. He said the thief fled with Bianca still in the car.

When officers found his car 10 minutes later, the toddler was gone.

A source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press that Lane's daughter was in the car with Bianca earlier in the day. That daughter told police that Bianca was covered with a blanket and that Lane said the toddler was sleeping and not to wake her, the source said.

Lane, 32, says he failed a police polygraph test, but blames that on his thoughts about Bianca and the carjacking. He insists he had nothing to do with her disappearance and has called for her safe return. His attorney, Terry Johnson, said the test wasn't conducted properly.

Police have searched Lane's home in the city's north end several times.

The source told the Free Press that a cadaver dog was taken to the house and alerted its handler to spots in a bedroom, in Lane's car and on Bianca's car seat and her blanket.

Police have submitted a warrant request to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, but neither will say who the target is or what charges are being sought.

Johnson declined to comment on the investigation or the warrant request when reached Thursday.

He said Lane is having a difficult time.

"Mr. Lane is very depressed and withdrawn," Johnson said. "He wants his daughter's safe return so the family can be together."

'People are just talking'
The night before Bianca went missing, she wet the bed and was reprimanded by her father, according to the source, who said Lane's roommate told police that during an interview. The roommate told police that Lane was strict about potty training.

Johnson previously said Lane has no history of abuse toward any of his seven children.

"I never threatened any of my children," Lane said earlier this month. "People are just talking, and I'm the bad guy."

Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, 32, would not discuss Lane or the allegations Friday, but said her daughter loves to dance, is determined and smart.

"She was so focused and wanted to read," Jones said. "She wanted to do everything big people do."

Jones also said Bianca was proud to be potty trained and "would take her pants off to show she was wearing big-girl underwear."

Jones also would not discuss the warrant request.

"The police are still investigating," she said. "I just want my baby home."

Grateful for volunteers
Bianca's disappearance has taken a toll on family members, who say they don't know what to do or how to feel.

"We keep saying, 'I just want her to hurry up and come back,' " said Kelly Jones, 30, Bianca's aunt.

Law enforcement and volunteers searched for Bianca, scouring vacant homes, fields and even the Detroit River.

Authorities also searched the downtown Detroit campus of Wayne County Community College District. Lane and Bianca were spotted on surveillance cameras there the morning of Dec. 2, Johnson said, because he went to the school to apply for financial aid.

Banika Jones said she is grateful for the efforts of volunteers.

"I'm so glad and overwhelmed with love and prayer," she said. "For the community to try to find my daughter, there is nothing I can say. There are no words for that."

OMG!!! Morons, get on with it, we know the baby is no longer with us, she is probably floating through the Detroit River, cadaver dogs made a hit in the house and car, there must be more they have not released, Bianca needs justice and her daddy needs to be arrested!

DETROIT - More than a month later, prosecutors still are deciding whether to file charges in the disappearance of a 2-year-old Detroit girl, whose father says she was kidnapped during a carjacking.

Wayne County prosecutor's spokeswoman Maria Miller issued a statement Tuesday saying the case is "very labor-intensive and complex." She says Prosecutor Kym Worthy will hold a news conference when it's appropriate.

Detroit police asked for an arrest warrant in mid-December, although the name of the suspect hasn't been released.

D'Andre Lane says his daughter Bianca Jones was riding with him when his car was carjacked at gunpoint on Dec. 2. The car was recovered but not the child.

Lane repeatedly has denied wrongdoing.

I just got a google alert about this:

Detroit Free Press: The father of a missing 2-year-old girl has been charged with felony murder and child abuse in connection with her disappearance, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced today.

D’Andre Lane is expected to be arraigned Thursday in Detroit’s 36th District Court on the charges. If convicted on the murder charge, Lane faces life in prison without parole.

Lane’s attorney, Terry Johnson, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Bianca Jones went missing Dec. 2 and has not been found.

Worthy said cases where a body is not recovered or where one is recovered in a condition that is not helpful to police and prosecutors are difficult to prosecute.

“A human body is sometimes the best piece of evidence the prosecutor and the police can have,” she said. “It can speak to you, it can sometimes tell you what happened. It can sometimes tell you who did it and who didn’t. It can sometimes lead you in the right direction.

“But bodies, as you know, are not always found in cases that police investigate or found in a condition that … can help police and prosecutors out.”

Lane told investigators he was carjacked in Detroit while driving to the home of Bianca’s mother to get some clothing for the little girl. Police found his car about 10 minutes later and the toddler was gone.

Police have questioned his account and have searched his home several times.

A source familiar with the investigation previously told the Free Press that a cadaver dog alerted its handler to spots in a bedroom at Lane’s house, as well as in his car, on Bianca’s car seat and her blanket.

Cadaver dogs are trained to find human remains and can be capable of detecting even trace amounts of decomposition, experts say.

Lane’s attorney, though, has said his client longs for his daughter’s return.

Lane previously said he failed a police polygraph test, but blamed that on his thoughts about Bianca and the carjacking. He insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Lane was arrested in December shortly after Bianca’s disappearance for violating conditions of a personal protection order. Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Cheryl Matthews ordered Lane to take an anger management course after he violated the PPO that prohibited him from contacting his ex-wife, Rakiba Mitchell. He was later released.

When Matthews learned Monday that he had failed to attend the course, she ordered him jailed again. He is currently serving 14 days in the Oakland County jail. Lane is scheduled for release on March 23, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Wesley Beltz said.

Mitchell sought the PPO in March 2011, following the couple’s divorce, saying he was harassing her and threatening her. She accused Lane of assaulting her at a family birthday party. Mitchell and Lane share a young child, who is in Mitchell’s custody.

The PPO was granted on April 1 but according to court records, Lane continued to contact Mitchell. On July 18, Mitchell said in court records that she found a note from Lane asking to see their son. She called police and a bench warrant was issued.

excellent! it was always obvious he was lying. poor baby. :(

(03-14-2012, 03:57 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: excellent! it was always obvious he was lying. poor baby. :(

You're right on that LC Signs_173