What do young people say about you?
I lie, big time. I once made the mistake of telling my kids I "tried pot once when I was 17" or something and they looked at me like I'd sprouted horns and immediately called me a stoner. 50

Truth is, I tried pot (and much more) way earlier than that. I'm glad I didn't share more than I did.

My kids are square, square, square (right now). I don't think pot is any worse than drinking (except for the fact that it's still illegal) but I try to project a pretty straight laced image to them while still keeping the lines of communication open (being well informed and letting them know they can talk to me about anything without fear of reprisals or judgment...within reason).

I'm sure they'll eventually drink and probably try pot but I'm hoping to delay that as long as I can.

I remember getting caught smoking a cigarette when I was in 8th grade and my dad (a smoker) had the nerve to lecture me about it while smoking a god damn cigarette. I don't care that he was the adult...my brain screamed HYPOCRITE!
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
What do young people say about you? - by Cracker - 12-10-2011, 04:39 PM
RE: What do young people say about you? - by username - 01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: What do young people say about you? - by Adub - 01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: What do young people say about you? - by Adub - 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: What do young people say about you? - by Adub - 01-25-2012, 12:52 PM