Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ayla Reynolds, 20 mos. Maine missing
kjon

WATERVILLE — The mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds said she doesn’t believe her daughter was kidnapped.

Trista Reynolds made the comment in response to a March 11 article in the Morning Sentinel in which Ayla’s father, Justin DiPietro, and his supporters expressed their belief that Ayla was abducted and said their reasons for believing so would be revealed “when the time is right.” WHEN IS IT THE RIGHT TIME TO TELL WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR MISSING BABY??

Reynolds questioned their assertion.

“Who says something like that unless you know something? The way I’m reading it, it’s like they’re telling me they know where my daughter is, and what happened to her.”

Three months ago, on the morning of Dec. 17, DiPietro called 911 to report Ayla missing. Police subsequently have ruled out the possibility that Ayla left the house on her own or that she was abducted, according to Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland.

McCausland also has said that the three adults who were in the home with Ayla – DiPietro, his sister Elisha DiPietro and girlfriend Courtney Roberts – haven’t told investigators everything they know.
Reynolds echoed McCausland’s remarks.

“I don’t think she was kidnapped. I really don’t,” she said. “I believe deep down that Justin knows what happened or where she is. He could change this is a matter of seconds. All three of them could — him, Elisha and Courtney. I point the blame at all of them; I can’t just point the blame at Justin.”

DiPietro couldn’t be reached for comment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ayla Reynolds, 20 mos. Maine missing - by Lady Cop - 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM