Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
Going into week 2 of the trial. Here's a recap of week 1 published in People Magazine.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,...96,00.html

• At the end of his opening statements, the prosecutor played an excerpt from Arias' September 2008 interview, where she emphatically stated, "No jury will convict me, mark my words, no jury will convict me, because I'm innocent."

•After stabbing Alexander 27 times and slitting his throat from ear-to-ear, Arias allegedly shot him with a .25-caliber gun – the same caliber weapon that Arias and her grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home just days before the killing.

•The defense portrayed the victim – a Mormon motivational speaker – as an abusive, sex-crazed deviant who treated Arias as a sex slave, asked her to wear a French maid outfit and a t-shirt reading "Travis Alexander's." The victim called Arias a "slut" and a "whore" in e-mails – yet he told her his passwords for social media sites, according to attorneys.

• When she called Mesa police a day after Alexander's body was found, offering to "help," Arias calmly told a detective she hadn't seen Alexander since two months earlier, when she moved back to California (she'd change her story twice, eventually claiming she killed Alexander in self-defense). Arias also inquired if there was a lot of blood at the crime scene.

• Police recovered a bloody handprint that contained a mixture of Arias' blood and Alexander's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM