Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(03-21-2013, 03:21 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 03:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. surprised me that Samuels has said a couple of times that PTSD is not a get-out-of-jail-free-card. I don't understand why an expert defense witness would ever choose that phrasing on the stand, but I'm certainly not objecting!

I believe he's trying to emphasize his diagnosis was a benign and clinical statement rather than being identified as a bought and paid for witness.

My guess: The defense believed he was giving the impression that this was a purchased excuse rather than objective science.

I bet you're right; that's the only thing that makes sense and Samuels was indeed coming across as nothing more than a diagnosis with a price tag.

Using that particular phrasing in attempt to counteract that image seems ignorant to me. If any jurors are tending to believe that the PTSD diagnosis is valid, the defense is reminding them that it doesn't excuse or mitigate any criminal actions. Expecting Martinez to exploit the hell out of that during his cross.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM