Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(03-25-2013, 07:58 PM)username Wrote: A talking head just speculated that she won't be trying to make the case that Jodi was battered. More, she'll be trying to use the voicemails, texts etc. to show that Travis displayed traits that are common among abusers. Hence the focus on her work with men, I suppose.

That makes sense. She'll use texts and emails to label the dead victim a "batterer", though I'll be surprised if she actually talked to anybody in his life besides Jodi. Why do that? What if everyone found Travis to be a decent guy and could dispute Jodi's claims? Too risky.

Since she can't make a case that Jodi was battered because the evidence just doesn't exist, she'll probably accuse the dead victim of being a batterer based on nothing but the killer's lies. In so doing, she's implying that Jodi was abused by Travis without having to defend that position.

Tiki posted upthread that, in Arizona, the burden is one the prosecution to prove that it wasn't self defense, not the other way around. Martinez is Travis's voice and I believe that he's sincerely passionate about defending Travis and getting the results that his family wants. I just hope he doesn't let that passion override his ability to be strategic and see things through the jury's eyes. That's what's worrying me a little bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM